Multiplatform Cluster - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Multiplatform Cluster - Veritas Cluster Server ; Even though Veritas states that they support multiple platforms, I find that the documentation is not quite clear on the issue uf creating a single heterogeneous cluster. Is it really posssible to create a Cluster with say, an AIX and ...

  1. Multiplatform Cluster

    Even though Veritas states that they support multiple platforms, I find that
    the documentation is not quite clear on the issue uf creating a single heterogeneous
    cluster.
    Is it really posssible to create a Cluster with say, an AIX and a Solaris
    Server as nodes??

    I'm in the planning of a server re-utilization program, and need to know
    if Veritas would offer these possibility...

    All help and documentation relating this issue directly would be very appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Multiplatform Cluster

    Officially, it is not supported.
    The reason is because you must have the same versions of LLT and that
    only happens on version 4.0 and 5.0 and 4.1 BUT when you put in other
    patches (like MP1 or MP2) the water gets muddy. Then you might ned up
    with nodes in the cluster not being able to communicate (plus HP-UX does
    not have MP? patches, just updates which does not match MP patches).

    So, that is why, it might work, but is not supported or suggested

    Jerry wrote:
    > Even though Veritas states that they support multiple platforms, I find that
    > the documentation is not quite clear on the issue uf creating a single heterogeneous
    > cluster.
    > Is it really posssible to create a Cluster with say, an AIX and a Solaris
    > Server as nodes??
    >
    > I'm in the planning of a server re-utilization program, and need to know
    > if Veritas would offer these possibility...
    >
    > All help and documentation relating this issue directly would be very appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread