IP offline script doesn't work with IPv6 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on IP offline script doesn't work with IPv6 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have a Sun Solaris 8 server with VCS 4.1, and I have found a problem with the IP offline script. The IPv6 device/address has to be listed after an IPv4 device in the output of an "ifconfig -a" command. ...

  1. IP offline script doesn't work with IPv6

    I have a Sun Solaris 8 server with VCS 4.1, and I have found a problem with
    the IP offline script. The IPv6 device/address has to be listed after an
    IPv4 device in the output of an "ifconfig -a" command. Then the IP offline
    script will unplumb the primary network device instead of the virtual device.
    The way to test is (assume hme0 is the network device for the sun server)

    ifconfig hme0 inet6 unplumb
    ifconfig hme0 inet6 plumb
    ifconfig hme0 inet6 up
    ifconfig -a **** you should now see IPv6 hme0 last in the
    list ***
    hagrp -switch -to
    In the process of failing over the application, the IP offline script will
    unplumb hme0 vs. hme0:1.

  2. Re: IP offline script doesn't work with IPv6

    VCS documentation clearly states that IPV 6 is not supported
    Read the Release notes and Bundeled Agents Guide

    Micky Willkom wrote:
    > I have a Sun Solaris 8 server with VCS 4.1, and I have found a problem with
    > the IP offline script. The IPv6 device/address has to be listed after an
    > IPv4 device in the output of an "ifconfig -a" command. Then the IP offline
    > script will unplumb the primary network device instead of the virtual device.
    > The way to test is (assume hme0 is the network device for the sun server)
    >
    > ifconfig hme0 inet6 unplumb
    > ifconfig hme0 inet6 plumb
    > ifconfig hme0 inet6 up
    > ifconfig -a **** you should now see IPv6 hme0 last in the
    > list ***
    > hagrp -switch -to
    > In the process of failing over the application, the IP offline script will
    > unplumb hme0 vs. hme0:1.

+ Reply to Thread