i/o fencing : diskgroups not coming online on survivng node - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on i/o fencing : diskgroups not coming online on survivng node - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hya HASF41 MP1 Solaris. Disks are in a HDS9500 array. I/O fencing is nice and fun to configure. It works : this means that a system will panic if u unplug the interconnect. But the diskgroups that were imported on ...

  1. i/o fencing : diskgroups not coming online on survivng node

    Hya

    HASF41 MP1 Solaris.
    Disks are in a HDS9500 array.
    I/O fencing is nice and fun to configure. It works : this means that a system
    will panic if u unplug the interconnect.
    But the diskgroups that were imported on the ejected node (or in the case
    it went down electricaly) can not be imported by VCS on the surviving nodes.
    In fact if we try to have a look at the disks from vxdisk list ... they are
    marked as 'error' so it's impossible to use the command vxdg import DGNAME
    whatever options given to the command : vxvm does not know where the dg is.

    Anybody has seen that ?

    Can u confirm iofencing works ? Does this come from my hardware ?

  2. Re: i/o fencing : diskgroups not coming online on survivng node

    make sure on the hardware side that you have bits 186,254 set - then it
    will work

    kerkael wrote:
    > Hya
    >
    > HASF41 MP1 Solaris.
    > Disks are in a HDS9500 array.
    > I/O fencing is nice and fun to configure. It works : this means that a system
    > will panic if u unplug the interconnect.
    > But the diskgroups that were imported on the ejected node (or in the case
    > it went down electricaly) can not be imported by VCS on the surviving nodes.
    > In fact if we try to have a look at the disks from vxdisk list ... they are
    > marked as 'error' so it's impossible to use the command vxdg import DGNAME
    > whatever options given to the command : vxvm does not know where the dg is.
    >
    > Anybody has seen that ?
    >
    > Can u confirm iofencing works ? Does this come from my hardware ?

+ Reply to Thread