Cluster Server Simulator - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Cluster Server Simulator - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I'm running the cluster simulator on a PC and I have started the cluster. When I try to connect using the Cluster Monitor client I get a could not connect message to my PC. Not sure what PC name ...

  1. Cluster Server Simulator

    Hi,

    I'm running the cluster simulator on a PC and I have started the cluster.

    When I try to connect using the Cluster Monitor client I get a could not
    connect message to my PC.

    Not sure what PC name I need to use to establish this connection so any help
    is appreciated.
    thanks.
    JB

  2. Re: Cluster Server Simulator

    "John Bastable" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm running the cluster simulator on a PC and I have started the cluster.
    >
    >When I try to connect using the Cluster Monitor client I get a could not
    >connect message to my PC.
    >
    >Not sure what PC name I need to use to establish this connection so any

    help
    >is appreciated.
    >thanks.
    >JB

    Hi,

    dont know how the Silulator works internally. I think you cant connect to
    an simulated cluster via VCS-Manager. I both installed, simulator and Manager.
    To connect to a simulation I use the task buttom (right panel) Launch Console.

    bye
    Martin

  3. Re: Cluster Server Simulator

    which cluster simulator ur using.,

    "John Bastable" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm running the cluster simulator on a PC and I have started the cluster.
    >
    >When I try to connect using the Cluster Monitor client I get a could not
    >connect message to my PC.
    >
    >Not sure what PC name I need to use to establish this connection so any

    help
    >is appreciated.
    >thanks.
    >JB

  4. Re: Cluster Server Simulator

    "Martin" wrote:

    >"John Bastable" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I'm running the cluster simulator on a PC and I have started the cluster.
    >>
    >>When I try to connect using the Cluster Monitor client I get a could not
    >>connect message to my PC.
    >>
    >>Not sure what PC name I need to use to establish this connection so any

    >help
    >>is appreciated.
    >>thanks.
    >>JB

    >Hi,
    >
    >dont know how the Silulator works internally. I think you cant connect to
    >an simulated cluster via VCS-Manager. I both installed, simulator and Manager.
    >To connect to a simulation I use the task buttom (right panel) Launch Console.
    >
    >bye
    >Martin

    Try connecting to the machine name localhost which should universally be
    the PC you are on.

+ Reply to Thread