IP agent problem - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on IP agent problem - Veritas Cluster Server ; hi, I am using cluster server 4.1 on solaris sparc 8. one of the resources is of type IP. when turning off the power of the online server, the failover to the offline machine failed. the agent that failed was ...

  1. IP agent problem

    hi,
    I am using cluster server 4.1 on solaris sparc 8.
    one of the resources is of type IP.
    when turning off the power of the online server, the failover to the offline
    machine failed.
    the agent that failed was the IP agent and the reason (i think) is that the
    arp table was not yet updated.

    i found the following article describing this exact problem and offering
    a patch, unfortunately only for linux.
    http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/261943.htm

    is there a patch for solaris?
    can i fix this by changing the configuration?
    does IPMultiNIC have the same problem?

  2. Re: IP agent problem

    2 things

    1. make sure that the network host you specify is NOT the other machine
    2. in later versions there is an option "IfConfigTwice" that will get
    around this

    lebamb wrote:
    > hi,
    > I am using cluster server 4.1 on solaris sparc 8.
    > one of the resources is of type IP.
    > when turning off the power of the online server, the failover to the offline
    > machine failed.
    > the agent that failed was the IP agent and the reason (i think) is that the
    > arp table was not yet updated.
    >
    > i found the following article describing this exact problem and offering
    > a patch, unfortunately only for linux.
    > http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/261943.htm
    >
    > is there a patch for solaris?
    > can i fix this by changing the configuration?
    > does IPMultiNIC have the same problem?

+ Reply to Thread