Veritas Cluster with internal disks - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Veritas Cluster with internal disks - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have 2 servers, each with application binaries on their internal disks and data on a shared SAN disk. I would like to monitor the internal file systems where the app binaries live and fail over to the other server ...

  1. Veritas Cluster with internal disks

    I have 2 servers, each with application binaries on their internal disks and
    data on a shared SAN disk. I would like to monitor the internal file systems
    where the app binaries live and fail over to the other server if the file
    system or disk fails. Can I monitor the internal disks on each server, without
    trying to fail them over?

  2. Re: Veritas Cluster with internal disks

    If the disks are the same.

    You don't really need to monitor the disks, but the application (which
    location must be the same on all machines i the cluster)

    Having said that, you can also localize the disks per machine as well as
    the mount points

    see man hares

    Andries Holtzhausen wrote:
    > I have 2 servers, each with application binaries on their internal disks and
    > data on a shared SAN disk. I would like to monitor the internal file systems
    > where the app binaries live and fail over to the other server if the file
    > system or disk fails. Can I monitor the internal disks on each server, without
    > trying to fail them over?

+ Reply to Thread