Hanging File System Calls - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Hanging File System Calls - Veritas Cluster Server ; Our customer is running our application on Windows Server 2003 64bit, and storing data on a UNIX RAID using Veritas cluster server. We are running into an issue where windows file system call, like fsopen, are hanging and not returning. ...

  1. Hanging File System Calls

    Our customer is running our application on Windows Server 2003 64bit, and
    storing data on a UNIX RAID using Veritas cluster server. We are running
    into an issue where windows file system call, like fsopen, are hanging and
    not returning. Even worse, we cannot even kill the processes, as they are
    stuck in the kernel space. The applications hang anywhere from 20 minutes
    to 30 hours after we start an io intensive application task.

    The only difference from other customers is Veritas. Anyone have any ideas.

    Cheers
    Kevin Murray
    Ericsson

  2. Re: Hanging File System Calls

    "Kevin Murray" wrote:

    >Our customer is running our application on Windows Server 2003 64bit, and
    >storing data on a UNIX RAID using Veritas cluster server. We are running
    >into an issue where windows file system call, like fsopen, are hanging

    and
    >not returning. Even worse, we cannot even kill the processes, as they are
    >stuck in the kernel space. The applications hang anywhere from 20 minutes
    >to 30 hours after we start an io intensive application task.
    >
    >The only difference from other customers is Veritas. Anyone have any ideas.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Kevin Murray
    >Ericsson

    We are having a similar issue with a RAC cluster. When the Oracle DBA attempts
    to extend a table-space, the filesystem completely hangs. Did you get anywhere
    with this?

+ Reply to Thread