SAP address in llttab? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on SAP address in llttab? - Veritas Cluster Server ; You will only need to change the SAP value when you havemore than 1 cluster on the same pricvate network. See man llttab and you will see how to set it. The default value is 0xcafe - set it to ...

  1. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    You will only need to change the SAP value when you havemore than 1
    cluster on the same pricvate network.

    See man llttab and you will see how to set it. The default value is
    0xcafe - set it to 0xcaff for testing.

    Don't think that will make any difference.

    The issue is the CE interfaces.

    Please see SUN document 82379

    You need to make sure that you've got SUN patch 118558-03 and later
    (for Solaris 9 ) or patch 117350-21 and later (Solaris 8) installaed and
    then add the following lines to the /etc/system file:

    set ce:ce_taskq_disable=1
    set ce:ce_start_cfg=1

    Heinz Mueller wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > have read about the SAP address in llttab but don't to which value SAP to
    > set.
    >
    > That's my llttab:
    >
    > set-node test1
    > set-cluster 17
    > link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -
    > link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether - -
    > link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether - -
    > link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether - -
    >
    > We got errors in /var/adm/messages for lost hb links and in man pages is
    > mentioned that we have to set SAP adresses in llttab.
    >
    > Any help would be appriciated!
    >
    > regards
    > heinz

  2. SAP address in llttab?

    Hi,

    have read about the SAP address in llttab but don't to which value SAP to
    set.

    That's my llttab:

    set-node test1
    set-cluster 17
    link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -
    link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether - -
    link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether - -
    link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether - -

    We got errors in /var/adm/messages for lost hb links and in man pages is
    mentioned that we have to set SAP adresses in llttab.

    Any help would be appriciated!

    regards
    heinz

  3. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    Yep, have to put it in all lines on all nodes in the same cluster.

    Heinz Müller wrote:
    > Thanks for response.
    >
    > We have already checked the patch and set the values in /etc/system
    > but with no improvement.
    >
    > We will test the entry you mentioned but it's not clear to me where to put
    > it.
    > Please check:
    >
    > set-node test1
    > set-cluster 17
    > link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcaff -
    > link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    > link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcaff -
    > link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcaff -
    >
    > Is it ok to put 0xcaff in every line??
    >
    > regards
    > heinz
    >

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>You will only need to change the SAP value when you havemore than 1
    >>cluster on the same pricvate network.
    >>
    >>See man llttab and you will see how to set it. The default value is
    >>0xcafe - set it to 0xcaff for testing.
    >>
    >>Don't think that will make any difference.
    >>
    >>The issue is the CE interfaces.
    >>
    >>Please see SUN document 82379
    >>
    >>You need to make sure that you've got SUN patch 118558-03 and later
    >>(for Solaris 9 ) or patch 117350-21 and later (Solaris 8) installaed and

    >>then add the following lines to the /etc/system file:
    >>

    >>set ce:ce_taskq_disable=1
    >>set ce:ce_start_cfg=1
    >>

    >>Heinz Mueller wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>have read about the SAP address in llttab but don't to which value SAP

    >>>set.
    >>>
    >>>That's my llttab:
    >>>
    >>>set-node test1
    >>>set-cluster 17
    >>>link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -
    >>>link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether - -
    >>>link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether - -
    >>>link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether - -
    >>>
    >>>We got errors in /var/adm/messages for lost hb links and in man pages

    > is
    >
    >>>mentioned that we have to set SAP adresses in llttab.
    >>>
    >>>Any help would be appriciated!
    >>>
    >>>regards
    >>>heinz

  4. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    Me wrote:
    >You will only need to change the SAP value when you havemore than 1
    >cluster on the same pricvate network.
    >
    >See man llttab and you will see how to set it. The default value is
    >0xcafe - set it to 0xcaff for testing.
    >
    >Don't think that will make any difference.
    >
    >The issue is the CE interfaces.
    >
    >Please see SUN document 82379
    >
    >You need to make sure that you've got SUN patch 118558-03 and later
    >(for Solaris 9 ) or patch 117350-21 and later (Solaris 8) installaed and

    >then add the following lines to the /etc/system file:
    >

    >set ce:ce_taskq_disable=1
    >set ce:ce_start_cfg=1
    >

    >Heinz Mueller wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> have read about the SAP address in llttab but don't to which value SAP

    >> set.
    >>
    >> That's my llttab:
    >>
    >> set-node test1
    >> set-cluster 17
    >> link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -
    >> link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether - -
    >> link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether - -
    >> link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether - -
    >>
    >> We got errors in /var/adm/messages for lost hb links and in man pages

    is
    >> mentioned that we have to set SAP adresses in llttab.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appriciated!
    >>
    >> regards
    >> heinz

  5. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    We tested with 0xcaff but it took no effect.

    So we have "stolen" the below mentioned entry from another server
    and it works:

    set-node test1
    set-cluster 17
    link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcafe -
    link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcafd -
    link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcafc -

    But I don't really know what this paramaters for even if I read the manpages.
    Could I take 0x1111 or 0xabcd also? Or just a pair of special values?

    regrads
    heinz

    Me wrote:
    >Yep, have to put it in all lines on all nodes in the same cluster.
    >

    >Heinz Müller wrote:
    >> Thanks for response.
    >>
    >> We have already checked the patch and set the values in /etc/system
    >> but with no improvement.
    >>
    >> We will test the entry you mentioned but it's not clear to me where to

    put
    >> it.
    >> Please check:
    >>
    >> set-node test1
    >> set-cluster 17
    >> link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcaff -
    >> link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    >> link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcaff -
    >> link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcaff -
    >>
    >> Is it ok to put 0xcaff in every line??
    >>
    >> regards
    >> heinz
    >>

    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>You will only need to change the SAP value when you havemore than 1
    >>>cluster on the same pricvate network.
    >>>
    >>>See man llttab and you will see how to set it. The default value is
    >>>0xcafe - set it to 0xcaff for testing.
    >>>
    >>>Don't think that will make any difference.
    >>>
    >>>The issue is the CE interfaces.
    >>>
    >>>Please see SUN document 82379
    >>>
    >>>You need to make sure that you've got SUN patch 118558-03 and later
    >>>(for Solaris 9 ) or patch 117350-21 and later (Solaris 8) installaed and

    >>>then add the following lines to the /etc/system file:
    >>>

    >>>set ce:ce_taskq_disable=1
    >>>set ce:ce_start_cfg=1

    >> is

  6. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    Hello Heinz!

    As far as I understand you have set different SAP for every hb interfac
    you have. Do you have several clusters that share private network links?

    Regards,
    Roman

    Heinz Mueller wrote:
    > We tested with 0xcaff but it took no effect.
    >
    > So we have "stolen" the below mentioned entry from another server
    > and it works:
    >
    > set-node test1
    > set-cluster 17
    > link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcafe -
    > link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    > link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcafd -
    > link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcafc -
    >
    > But I don't really know what this paramaters for even if I read the manpages.
    > Could I take 0x1111 or 0xabcd also? Or just a pair of special values?
    >
    > regrads
    > heinz
    >
    > Me wrote:
    >> Yep, have to put it in all lines on all nodes in the same cluster.
    >>

    >> Heinz Müller wrote:
    >>> Thanks for response.
    >>>
    >>> We have already checked the patch and set the values in /etc/system
    >>> but with no improvement.
    >>>
    >>> We will test the entry you mentioned but it's not clear to me where to

    > put
    >>> it.
    >>> Please check:
    >>>
    >>> set-node test1
    >>> set-cluster 17
    >>> link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcaff -
    >>> link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    >>> link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcaff -
    >>> link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcaff -
    >>>
    >>> Is it ok to put 0xcaff in every line??
    >>>
    >>> regards
    >>> heinz

    >>> is

  7. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    Roman,

    yes we have.

    We have copied the entries from another server but with a different cluster
    id.
    May we get into troubles?????

    Should we change the values?

    Heinz

    Roman Rodionov wrote:
    >Hello Heinz!
    >
    >As far as I understand you have set different SAP for every hb interfac

    >you have. Do you have several clusters that share private network links?
    >
    >Regards,
    >Roman
    >
    >Heinz Mueller wrote:
    >> We tested with 0xcaff but it took no effect.
    >>
    >> So we have "stolen" the below mentioned entry from another server
    >> and it works:
    >>

    >>set-node test1
    >> set-cluster 17
    >> link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether 0xcafe -
    >> link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether 0xcaff -
    >> link-lowpri ce0 /dev/ce:0 - ether 0xcafd -
    >> link-lowpri ce2 /dev/ce:2 - ether 0xcafc -
    >>
    >> But I don't really know what this paramaters for even if I read the manpages.
    >> Could I take 0x1111 or 0xabcd also? Or just a pair of special values?
    >>
    >> regrads
    >> heinz
    >>
    >> Me wrote:
    >>> Yep, have to put it in all lines on all nodes in the same cluster.

    >> put

    and

    SAP

  8. Re: SAP address in llttab?

    I am seeing similar issue with system using qfe interface.
    I have patch already installed.

    Can you advise what appropriate /etc/system changes are required
    for qfe device?

    and

+ Reply to Thread