Clustering - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Clustering - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hallo I am Mahesh Kale I am a tech nical recruiter. i have folowing query. I am looking for a Storage Administrator with Solaris and Veritas cluster exp. While searching i am coming across Resumes with Veritas Netbackup. Would these ...

  1. Clustering

    Hallo

    I am Mahesh Kale I am a tech nical recruiter. i have folowing query.

    I am looking for a Storage Administrator with Solaris and Veritas cluster
    exp.

    While searching i am coming across Resumes with Veritas Netbackup.

    Would these guy be suitable for the role?

    OR is it that Veritas Netbackup has nothing to do with clustering.

    Warm Regards

    Mahesh Kale
    raghunath_kale@os2i.com

  2. Re: Clustering

    nope

    Storage typicaly include Volume Manager, Filesystem and if you include
    Clustering, you will look for Veritas Cluster Server.

    Netbackup is a tool to make backups of data (be it Veritas storage or not)

    Mahesh Kale wrote:
    > Hallo
    >
    > I am Mahesh Kale I am a tech nical recruiter. i have folowing query.
    >
    > I am looking for a Storage Administrator with Solaris and Veritas cluster
    > exp.
    >
    > While searching i am coming across Resumes with Veritas Netbackup.
    >
    > Would these guy be suitable for the role?
    >
    > OR is it that Veritas Netbackup has nothing to do with clustering.
    >
    > Warm Regards
    >
    > Mahesh Kale
    > raghunath_kale@os2i.com

  3. Re: Clustering

    Netbackup experience is not the same as clustering experience. You should
    be looking for someone who specifically states they have Veritas Cluster
    Server experience.

    "Mahesh Kale" wrote:

    >Hallo
    >
    >I am Mahesh Kale I am a tech nical recruiter. i have folowing query.
    >
    >I am looking for a Storage Administrator with Solaris and Veritas cluster
    >exp.
    >
    >While searching i am coming across Resumes with Veritas Netbackup.
    >
    >Would these guy be suitable for the role?
    >
    >OR is it that Veritas Netbackup has nothing to do with clustering.
    >
    >Warm Regards
    >
    >Mahesh Kale
    >raghunath_kale@os2i.com

  4. Re: Clustering

    Hi Mahesh,

    You are right, Veritas Netbackup has nothing to do with clustering. Netbackup
    is the backup Solution from Symantec.

    Regards,
    Mahesh G. Badgujar

    "Mahesh Kale" wrote:

    >Hallo
    >
    >I am Mahesh Kale I am a tech nical recruiter. i have folowing query.
    >
    >I am looking for a Storage Administrator with Solaris and Veritas cluster
    >exp.
    >
    >While searching i am coming across Resumes with Veritas Netbackup.
    >
    >Would these guy be suitable for the role?
    >
    >OR is it that Veritas Netbackup has nothing to do with clustering.
    >
    >Warm Regards
    >
    >Mahesh Kale
    >raghunath_kale@os2i.com

+ Reply to Thread