How to setup a Solaris 10 zone to support VCS 4.1 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to setup a Solaris 10 zone to support VCS 4.1 - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, In the Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 User's guide, appendix B, one of the prerequisites to configure a zone in vcs is the following: "The VCS and VxSS install directories must be defined in the inherit-pkg-dir parameter in the zone ...

  1. How to setup a Solaris 10 zone to support VCS 4.1

    Hi,

    In the Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 User's guide, appendix B, one of the
    prerequisites to configure a zone in vcs is the following: "The VCS and VxSS
    install directories must be defined in the inherit-pkg-dir parameter in the
    zone configuration". Can someone specify whick directories must be defined
    ? There are a lot of VCS's packages under /opt...

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to setup a Solaris 10 zone to support VCS 4.1

    When setting up a zone, it will include (or inherit) packages from the
    global zone. You can edit the zone xml file to include these 2
    directories (/opt/VRTSvcs and /opt/VRTSvxss)

    Jeff Anctil wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > In the Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 User's guide, appendix B, one of the
    > prerequisites to configure a zone in vcs is the following: "The VCS and VxSS
    > install directories must be defined in the inherit-pkg-dir parameter in the
    > zone configuration". Can someone specify whick directories must be defined
    > ? There are a lot of VCS's packages under /opt...
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: How to setup a Solaris 10 zone to support VCS 4.1

    I tried something else: I installed the zone without inheriting any package.
    So, the zone is a copy of the global zone. The installation went well without
    errors and I am able to boot the zone.

    In VCS, I configured a Service Group to failover the zone and everything
    is fine. The problem comes from when I want to start an application in the
    zone with VCS. For my example, I want to start Apache. Every time VCS wants
    to start Apache, I have the following error: VCS ERROR V-16-1-10600 Cannot
    connect to VCS engine.

    VCS will eventually put the resource faulted, but Apache runs in the zone.
    Does anyone have an idea to solve this problem ?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Me wrote:
    >When setting up a zone, it will include (or inherit) packages from the
    >global zone. You can edit the zone xml file to include these 2
    >directories (/opt/VRTSvcs and /opt/VRTSvxss)
    >

    >Jeff Anctil wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> In the Veritas Cluster Server 4.1 User's guide, appendix B, one of

    the
    >> prerequisites to configure a zone in vcs is the following: "The VCS and

    VxSS
    >> install directories must be defined in the inherit-pkg-dir parameter in

    the
    >> zone configuration". Can someone specify whick directories must be defined
    >> ? There are a lot of VCS's packages under /opt...
    >>
    >> Thanks

+ Reply to Thread