How to set up an alert when a cluster group is frozen - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to set up an alert when a cluster group is frozen - Veritas Cluster Server ; I need to monitor the cluster group states for cases when we have frozen the groups and then forgot to thaw them. Is there any canned easy way to do this using any of the builtin monitoring with the cluster ...

  1. How to set up an alert when a cluster group is frozen

    I need to monitor the cluster group states for cases when we have frozen the
    groups and then forgot to thaw them. Is there any canned easy way to do this
    using any of the builtin monitoring with the cluster server ?.

  2. Re: How to set up an alert when a cluster group is frozen

    There is no single thing to do. (no single trigger that can do this)

    Best would be to get all messages (via notifier) and scan for forzen

    The Service Group gets frozen by a user for a reason (not recorded
    anywhere inthe software). There is no way that software can decide that
    your reason is no longer valid and start alarming you.

    Dominic Kailath wrote:
    > I need to monitor the cluster group states for cases when we have frozen the
    > groups and then forgot to thaw them. Is there any canned easy way to do this
    > using any of the builtin monitoring with the cluster server ?.

+ Reply to Thread