How can I assign a virtual IP to a clustered application - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How can I assign a virtual IP to a clustered application - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have a two node cluster (A and B). I have an application running on A and in the case of the application failing on A it is brought up on node B. I have this working using VCS. A ...

  1. How can I assign a virtual IP to a clustered application

    I have a two node cluster (A and B). I have an application running on A and
    in the case of the application failing on A it is brought up on node B. I
    have this working using VCS.

    A client that connects to the application should not know whether it is connecting
    to the application on machine A or B. How can I assign a virtual IP for the
    cluster so that clients dont need to do anything in the case of a failover.

    Thanks,
    Ravi.

  2. Re: How can I assign a virtual IP to a clustered application

    In the same Service Group as the application, put in a NIC resource and
    an IP resource.

    It is the Service Group that will fail over, not the resources

    Ravi Bhargava wrote:
    > I have a two node cluster (A and B). I have an application running on A and
    > in the case of the application failing on A it is brought up on node B. I
    > have this working using VCS.
    >
    > A client that connects to the application should not know whether it is connecting
    > to the application on machine A or B. How can I assign a virtual IP for the
    > cluster so that clients dont need to do anything in the case of a failover.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ravi.

+ Reply to Thread