Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup? - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi all! The questions are: 1.Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup to analyze the Vxexplorer reports and creating some recommendations about necessary patches or additional configuration changing? May be our R&D has something similar for their own purpose? ...

  1. Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup?

    Hi all!

    The questions are:

    1.Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup to analyze the Vxexplorer
    reports and creating some recommendations about necessary patches or additional
    configuration changing? May be our R&D has something similar for their own
    purpose?
    2.Do any standard or regulation methods, tests, systems exist to check and
    to demonstrate to customer the functionality and efficiency of installed
    VxCS?

    Thanks in advance!
    Sergey

  2. Re: Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup?

    Should ask that question from your co-workers (or internal mail list,
    try "ha-interest"), but:

    1. No there is no such a tool. That is why there is a support section.

    The Veritas explorer gathers information for VCS, VxFS, VM, DBED, RAC
    and general information about the system, including all installed
    patches, packages, settings in /etc and a lot more. In short, a huge
    amount of information (and it might be different for each platform, SUN,
    HP-UX, AIX and Linux. There is only 1 explorer which run on all the
    platforms)
    Not as easy as SUN's tool to look at patches and tell you install the
    latest ones. The same goes for the configuration. Veritas VCS has a load
    more resource types AND you can create your own (and there are custom
    resources created by consulting). So, nothing that is so limited that it
    can be checked by some script.

    2. There is a VSC simulator (including DR testing). This comes standard
    with VCS 4.0 and above.

    Sergey Grischenko wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > The questions are:
    >
    > 1.Does Veritas VxCS has any utility like suncheckup to analyze the Vxexplorer
    > reports and creating some recommendations about necessary patches or additional
    > configuration changing? May be our R&D has something similar for their own
    > purpose?
    > 2.Do any standard or regulation methods, tests, systems exist to check and
    > to demonstrate to customer the functionality and efficiency of installed
    > VxCS?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Sergey

+ Reply to Thread