How to find out what Veritas products are installed - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How to find out what Veritas products are installed - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed products from Veritas on a Sun server. Thanks Maneesh...

  1. How to find out what Veritas products are installed

    Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and
    maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed
    products from Veritas on a Sun server.

    Thanks
    Maneesh

  2. Re: How to find out what Veritas products are installed

    All Veritas products will have package names that start with "VRTS"

    Som you do the following:

    pkgingo | grep VRTS

    Now you should get a list of packages installed.

    If you want more info, after you got the name of the package (like VRTSvxvm)

    pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm

    Maneesh Sharma wrote:
    > Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and
    > maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed
    > products from Veritas on a Sun server.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Maneesh

  3. Re: How to find out what Veritas products are installed

    Hi Maneesh,

    You can use the following command

    #pkginfo | grep VRTS

    will show all the veritas packages. Then use
    pkginfo -l
    to get the detailed info on the particular package.

    Regards

    Ganesan

    "Maneesh Sharma" wrote:

    >Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and
    >maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed
    >products from Veritas on a Sun server.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Maneesh

  4. Re: How to find out what Veritas products are installed

    vxlicrep will show the licensed Veritax products.

    "Maneesh Sharma" wrote:

    >Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and
    >maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed
    >products from Veritas on a Sun server.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Maneesh

  5. Re: How to find out what Veritas products are installed

    BIggest problem is that you might have licenses for RAC, but only Volume
    Manager installed.

    Clint wrote:
    > vxlicrep will show the licensed Veritax products.
    >

    > "Maneesh Sharma" wrote:
    >
    >>Hi, I have a few servers with Veritas VM and cluster server installed and
    >>maybe other products from Veritas. How can I find out what are the installed
    >>products from Veritas on a Sun server.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Maneesh

+ Reply to Thread