Veritas Cluster Solaris and jakarta tomcat - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Veritas Cluster Solaris and jakarta tomcat - Veritas Cluster Server ; How do you guys monitor the jakarta tomcat? Currently I use a pid file but that doesn't actually say if the process is up. The thing would be to monitor a port I guess? Any hints there? br /alex...

  1. Veritas Cluster Solaris and jakarta tomcat

    How do you guys monitor the jakarta tomcat? Currently I use a pid file but
    that doesn't actually say if the process is up. The thing would be to monitor
    a port I guess?

    Any hints there?

    br
    /alex

  2. Re: Veritas Cluster Solaris and jakarta tomcat

    You can write your own monitor process to do the following:

    1) Check if the processes in the PID file are really there (either grep
    from "ps" or scan the proc directory - on new Solaris)

    2) Once you've gotten past this, connect to the port and read data from
    there or send data there and then read it back

    All you need to remember:
    your program should return 100 if the tomcat is offline
    your program should return 110 if the tomcat is online

    After all the above, use an Application resource to point to your
    monitor program.

    Alex wrote:
    > How do you guys monitor the jakarta tomcat? Currently I use a pid file but
    > that doesn't actually say if the process is up. The thing would be to monitor
    > a port I guess?
    >
    > Any hints there?
    >
    > br
    > /alex