MultiNICA won't fail across - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on MultiNICA won't fail across - Veritas Cluster Server ; add network hosts Dave Campbell wrote: > Have a problem where a MultiNICA resource does not recognise a physical cable > pull to failover the NIC. It registers when I down or unplumb the primary > interface and brings it ...

  1. Re: MultiNICA won't fail across

    add network hosts

    Dave Campbell wrote:
    > Have a problem where a MultiNICA resource does not recognise a physical cable
    > pull to failover the NIC. It registers when I down or unplumb the primary
    > interface and brings it back up as expected. However when I physically pull
    > the cable, nothing! All that happens is the monitor resource times out. Solaris
    > sees the NIC go down but VCS does squat!
    >
    > Running 3.5P3 on Solaris 8 on a V890 with gigaswift 4 port NICs, primary
    > on port 0 of 1 NIC (ce0), secondary on port 0 of the other (ce4).
    >
    > Any suggestions??????

  2. Re: MultiNICA won't fail across

    better suggestion: use MultiNICB

    Dave Campbell wrote:
    > Have a problem where a MultiNICA resource does not recognise a physical cable
    > pull to failover the NIC. It registers when I down or unplumb the primary
    > interface and brings it back up as expected. However when I physically pull
    > the cable, nothing! All that happens is the monitor resource times out. Solaris
    > sees the NIC go down but VCS does squat!
    >
    > Running 3.5P3 on Solaris 8 on a V890 with gigaswift 4 port NICs, primary
    > on port 0 of 1 NIC (ce0), secondary on port 0 of the other (ce4).
    >
    > Any suggestions??????

  3. MultiNICA won't fail across

    Have a problem where a MultiNICA resource does not recognise a physical cable
    pull to failover the NIC. It registers when I down or unplumb the primary
    interface and brings it back up as expected. However when I physically pull
    the cable, nothing! All that happens is the monitor resource times out. Solaris
    sees the NIC go down but VCS does squat!

    Running 3.5P3 on Solaris 8 on a V890 with gigaswift 4 port NICs, primary
    on port 0 of 1 NIC (ce0), secondary on port 0 of the other (ce4).

    Any suggestions??????

+ Reply to Thread