VCS - starting an .sh script - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS - starting an .sh script - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have a simple 2 node cluster (active/passive) running 4.0mp2. Nothing Oracle, so this is pretty simple - I'm just not getting something simple - so I need your help. I have setup the basic cluster, failover works, notifier works, ...

  1. VCS - starting an .sh script

    I have a simple 2 node cluster (active/passive) running 4.0mp2. Nothing Oracle,
    so this is pretty simple - I'm just not getting something simple - so I need
    your help. I have setup the basic cluster, failover works, notifier works,
    but now I want my application to be kicked off when the box fails. The application
    (home made) can be started and stopped using .sh scripts. The only critical
    resource I have is a file system (which is where all the files are for this
    app). Please advise how/what to setup this as - is it just another Resource
    - and if so, why type? Please advise.

  2. Re: VCS - starting an .sh script

    You can use the Application resource type which allows you to have a startup
    program (or script), a shutdown program (or script) and you will need a method
    of monitoring (program or script, list of PID files, or list of processes.
    See the Bundled Agents Reference Guide for more info on the Application resource
    type.

    "Shawn Luft" wrote:

    >I have a simple 2 node cluster (active/passive) running 4.0mp2. Nothing

    Oracle,
    >so this is pretty simple - I'm just not getting something simple - so I

    need
    >your help. I have setup the basic cluster, failover works, notifier works,
    >but now I want my application to be kicked off when the box fails. The application
    >(home made) can be started and stopped using .sh scripts. The only critical
    >resource I have is a file system (which is where all the files are for this
    >app). Please advise how/what to setup this as - is it just another Resource
    >- and if so, why type? Please advise.

+ Reply to Thread