Solaris 10 - Zones - Application Agent - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 - Zones - Application Agent - Veritas Cluster Server ; We have: - two-node-cluster on Sol 10 with VCS 4.1 - local zone with root defined on shared disk - zone resource defined according to Users Guide page 616 ... - resource of type Application defined to run in local ...

  1. Solaris 10 - Zones - Application Agent

    We have:

    - two-node-cluster on Sol 10 with VCS 4.1
    - local zone with root defined on shared disk
    - zone resource defined according to Users Guide page 616 ...
    - resource of type Application defined to run in local zone
    - StartProgram; MonitorProgram etc. defined according to Bundled Agents Guide

    Switching the SG from Node1 to Node2 works fine
    hastop -local on Node1 for maintenance and later hastart on this node
    has the result, that the application resource is NOT PROBED - with
    State OFFLINE|STATE UNKNOWN for Node1 - and because of this switching back
    the SG to Node1 does not work

    So, what's missing? - How does VCS monitor the app resource on the node
    the local zone is _not_ running? - How to fix the problem?

    Regards
    Lutz Frank

  2. Re: Solaris 10 - Zones - Application Agent

    The question is: How did you set up your monitor program?

    "Lutz Frank" wrote:

    >We have:
    >
    >- two-node-cluster on Sol 10 with VCS 4.1
    >- local zone with root defined on shared disk
    >- zone resource defined according to Users Guide page 616 ...
    >- resource of type Application defined to run in local zone
    >- StartProgram; MonitorProgram etc. defined according to Bundled Agents

    Guide

    >Switching the SG from Node1 to Node2 works fine
    >hastop -local on Node1 for maintenance and later hastart on this node
    >has the result, that the application resource is NOT PROBED - with
    >State OFFLINE|STATE UNKNOWN for Node1 - and because of this switching back
    >the SG to Node1 does not work
    >

    >So, what's missing? - How does VCS monitor the app resource on the node
    >the local zone is _not_ running? - How to fix the problem?
    >
    >Regards
    > Lutz Frank

  3. Re: Solaris 10 - Zones - Application Agent

    The problem ist, that the monitor program is _not_ called on the node

    From truss:

    On the passiv node:

    - Application Agent forks
    - zone_lookup(ContainerName) ist called => returning EINVAL
    - exit()

    On the active Node:

    - Agent forks
    - zone_lookup() is successfull
    - execve (zlogin)
    - execve (monitor program)

    "Gene" wrote:

    >The question is: How did you set up your monitor program?
    >
    >"Lutz Frank" wrote:
    >>
    >>We have:
    >>
    >>- two-node-cluster on Sol 10 with VCS 4.1
    >>- local zone with root defined on shared disk
    >>- zone resource defined according to Users Guide page 616 ...
    >>- resource of type Application defined to run in local zone
    >>- StartProgram; MonitorProgram etc. defined according to Bundled Agents

    >Guide
    >>
    >>Switching the SG from Node1 to Node2 works fine
    >>hastop -local on Node1 for maintenance and later hastart on this node
    >>has the result, that the application resource is NOT PROBED - with
    >>State OFFLINE|STATE UNKNOWN for Node1 - and because of this switching back
    >>the SG to Node1 does not work
    >>

    >>So, what's missing? - How does VCS monitor the app resource on the node
    >>the local zone is _not_ running? - How to fix the problem?
    >>
    >>Regards
    >> Lutz Frank

+ Reply to Thread