Group dependcies - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Group dependcies - Veritas Cluster Server ; My main.cf is large due to the number of file systems that need to be mounted, is there away to specify the deoencie for Oracle with specifing each and every Mount resoure? We have serveral instances and trying to avoid ...

  1. Group dependcies

    My main.cf is large due to the number of file systems that need to be mounted,
    is there away to specify the deoencie for Oracle with specifing each and
    every Mount resoure? We have serveral instances and trying to avoid having
    a extra large main.cf specifying dependicies file systems dependicies .

    All file systems for each instance is in the same disk group

    Maybe this well help explain better:

    Oracle instance_1 {
    one entry for each of the instances
    ...}

    Mount orafs1 {
    There are several of these mounts number 1 - 50
    }

    The dependcy statement

    orainstance_1 requiures orafs1 (repeats for every instance for each file
    system)
    oradb requiures orafs50

    Any short cut tips or advice would be greatly appreciated....

  2. Re: Group dependcies

    Hi Allen,

    "Allen DuBeau" wrote:
    >My main.cf is large due to the number of file systems that need to be mounted,
    > is there away to specify the deoencie for Oracle with specifing each and
    >every Mount resoure? We have serveral instances and trying to avoid having
    >a extra large main.cf specifying dependicies file systems dependicies .
    >
    >All file systems for each instance is in the same disk group

    You can use the Service Group attribute "TypeDependencies" which is a
    keylist of resourcetypes which depend on each other in the specieied SG.
    In your case you would make a dependency from Mount to DiskGroup.
    For details see the service group property description in the userguide.

    Best regards

    -- Dagobert Michelsen

+ Reply to Thread