Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist. I've changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my machine is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this? Thanks You can email response ...

  1. Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9

    I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist. I've
    changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my machine
    is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this?

    Thanks

    You can email response to me if you'd like - remove the underscores from
    email address.

  2. Re: Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9

    do "ps -ef | grep mpathd"

    after your machine starts, and before VCS starts

    See the full path and put that into VCS

    mike wrote:
    > I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist. I've
    > changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my machine
    > is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > You can email response to me if you'd like - remove the underscores from
    > email address.

  3. Re: Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9

    It's using /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd - I've put that into VCS and it still complains.
    This works for everyone else? Why me.....

    Me wrote:
    >do "ps -ef | grep mpathd"
    >
    >after your machine starts, and before VCS starts
    >

    >See the full path and put that into VCS
    >
    >mike wrote:
    >> I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist.

    I've
    >> changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my

    machine
    >> is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> You can email response to me if you'd like - remove the underscores from
    >> email address.

  4. Re: Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9

    Hi
    Just check /usr/sbin/in.mpathd

    regards
    Zafar
    "mike" wrote:

    >I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist.

    I've
    >changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my machine
    >is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >You can email response to me if you'd like - remove the underscores from
    >email address.

  5. Re: Still a problem with in.mpathd, Solaris 9

    I encountered this problem too.

    I got it to work using the -a switch to in.mpathd - i.e. specify the mpathd
    command as:
    /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd -a

    Adrian

    "mike" wrote:

    >It's using /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd - I've put that into VCS and it still

    complains.
    >This works for everyone else? Why me.....
    >
    >Me wrote:
    >>do "ps -ef | grep mpathd"
    >>
    >>after your machine starts, and before VCS starts
    >>

    >>See the full path and put that into VCS
    >>
    >>mike wrote:
    >>> I'm still getting messages saying the in.mpathd process doesn't exist.

    > I've
    >>> changed the MpathdCommand to /usr/lib/inet/in.mpathd, which is what my

    >machine
    >>> is using, but still no joy. Does anyone know what to do about this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> You can email response to me if you'd like - remove the underscores from
    >>> email address.

+ Reply to Thread