Disk space requirements for Veritas cluster on Solaris SPARC - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Disk space requirements for Veritas cluster on Solaris SPARC - Veritas Cluster Server ; I know for Veritas Volume Manager you need slice 3&4 reserverved for the pprivate and public region. Is this the case for Veritas Cluster too?...

  1. Disk space requirements for Veritas cluster on Solaris SPARC

    I know for Veritas Volume Manager you need slice 3&4 reserverved for the pprivate
    and public region. Is this the case for Veritas Cluster too?

  2. Re: Disk space requirements for Veritas cluster on Solaris SPARC

    Hi Jack,

    "jack stine" wrote:
    >I know for Veritas Volume Manager you need slice 3&4 reserverved for the

    pprivate
    >and public region. Is this the case for Veritas Cluster too?

    No, just a few MB in /opt and /etc for the cluster software itself. Depending
    on which version of VCS you want and which topology you have
    it may be nice to have some slices/disks for gabdisks or I/O fencing, but
    those are not strictly necessary.

    Best regards

    -- Dagobert Michelsen

+ Reply to Thread