Service Group dependencies and restart application - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Service Group dependencies and restart application - Veritas Cluster Server ; All, We have a environment with Veritas Cluster 4.1 with 3 nodes, NODEA (Apllication), NODEB (Oracle Prod) and NODEC (Oracle Desenv). NODEA - Switch sg_app to NODEB NODE B - Switch sg_db_prd to NODEC NODEC - sg_db_stg - Only stop ...

  1. Service Group dependencies and restart application

    All,

    We have a environment with Veritas Cluster 4.1 with 3 nodes, NODEA (Apllication),
    NODEB (Oracle Prod) and NODEC (Oracle Desenv).

    NODEA - Switch sg_app to NODEB
    NODE B - Switch sg_db_prd to NODEC
    NODEC - sg_db_stg - Only stop Oracle Desenv if NODEB fails.

    We have almost everything configured, the failover between services groups
    is working fine but we have some doubts as follow:

    1) When NODEB failover to NODEC it must before start Oracle Prod shutdown
    Oracle Desenv. We try to establish a dependence between these service groups
    but doesn't works, the Oracle Prod stay ONLINE with Oracle Desenv (running
    on the same node). We need some help to make this configuration.

    2) We made a service group called sg_app on NODEA, this node runs Apache
    server and JBoss, the failover tests are made successfully but if Apache
    fail down (i.e. kill -9 ) the VCS cannot bring this software
    online and your STATE is changed to PARCIAL (it's need manual intervention
    to restart application).

    Please, help us.

    Regards,

    Luciano VIana

  2. Re: Service Group dependencies and restart application

    Hi Luciano,

    "Luciano Viana" wrote:
    >We have a environment with Veritas Cluster 4.1 with 3 nodes, NODEA (Apllication),
    >NODEB (Oracle Prod) and NODEC (Oracle Desenv).
    >
    >NODEA - Switch sg_app to NODEB
    >NODE B - Switch sg_db_prd to NODEC
    >NODEC - sg_db_stg - Only stop Oracle Desenv if NODEB fails.
    >
    >We have almost everything configured, the failover between services groups
    >is working fine but we have some doubts as follow:
    >
    >1) When NODEB failover to NODEC it must before start Oracle Prod shutdown
    >Oracle Desenv. We try to establish a dependence between these service groups
    >but doesn't works, the Oracle Prod stay ONLINE with Oracle Desenv (running
    >on the same node). We need some help to make this configuration.

    You can use the "Offline local" dependency for this.

    >2) We made a service group called sg_app on NODEA, this node runs Apache
    >server and JBoss, the failover tests are made successfully but if Apache
    >fail down (i.e. kill -9 ) the VCS cannot bring this software
    >online and your STATE is changed to PARCIAL (it's need manual intervention
    >to restart application).

    I assume the Apache resource is set to non-critical and the agent restart
    limit
    for this resource is set to 0. For a failover set the resource to critical
    and for
    a restart on failure set restartlimit to the desired number of restarts.
    You can
    also set this attribute locally for the resource by overriding the agent
    default.

    Best regards

    -- Dagobert Michelsen

+ Reply to Thread