IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi all, where can I find a documentation about IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose? Which are the relation between them and which IP should I put on the field Address of IPMultiNIC? For example, below you can see a piece of ...

  1. IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose

    Hi all,

    where can I find a documentation about IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose?
    Which are the relation between them and which IP should I put on the
    field Address of IPMultiNIC?

    For example, below you can see a piece of my main.cf file and I'm
    starting VCS between 02 machines: mbe-nad1 and mbe-nad2.
    Must be shared the IP Address for IPMultiNIC between these 02 machines?

    MultiNICA mnic (
    Device @mbe-nad1 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.44"}
    Device @mbe-nad2 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.45"}
    NetMask = "255.255.252.0"
    NetworkHosts = { "10.253.0.23" }
    )

    IPMultiNIC webip (
    Address = "10.253.0.46"
    NetMask = "255.255.252.0"
    MultiNICResName = mnic
    )

    Best regards,
    ---
    Marcelo Muzilli
    Openwave Consultant

  2. Re: IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose

    HI
    In MultiNic we put physical IP associated with wach interface while in
    IpMultiNic we put Virtual IP bind over physical IP

    Regards
    Zafar

    "Marcelo Muzilli (Yahoo)" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >where can I find a documentation about IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose?

    > Which are the relation between them and which IP should I put on the
    >field Address of IPMultiNIC?
    >
    >For example, below you can see a piece of my main.cf file and I'm
    >starting VCS between 02 machines: mbe-nad1 and mbe-nad2.
    >Must be shared the IP Address for IPMultiNIC between these 02 machines?

    >MultiNICA mnic (
    > Device @mbe-nad1 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.44"}
    > Device @mbe-nad2 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.45"}
    > NetMask = "255.255.252.0"
    > NetworkHosts = { "10.253.0.23" }
    > )
    >
    >IPMultiNIC webip (
    > Address = "10.253.0.46"
    > NetMask = "255.255.252.0"
    > MultiNICResName = mnic
    > )
    >
    >Best regards,
    >---
    >Marcelo Muzilli
    >Openwave Consultant

  3. Re: IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose

    The documentation for all agents is in the Bundled Agents Reference Guide.
    It should be
    in PDF form on your CD, if you installed the VRTSvcsdc package, it included
    the PDF. You can also download the BARG from support.veritas.com. Just drill
    down on the product, the OS version, docs, etc.

    "Marcelo Muzilli (Yahoo)" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >where can I find a documentation about IPMultiNIC and MultiNICA purpose?

    > Which are the relation between them and which IP should I put on the
    >field Address of IPMultiNIC?
    >
    >For example, below you can see a piece of my main.cf file and I'm
    >starting VCS between 02 machines: mbe-nad1 and mbe-nad2.
    >Must be shared the IP Address for IPMultiNIC between these 02 machines?

    >MultiNICA mnic (
    > Device @mbe-nad1 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.44"}
    > Device @mbe-nad2 = { qfe1 = "10.253.0.45"}
    > NetMask = "255.255.252.0"