UNABLE TO OFFLINE - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on UNABLE TO OFFLINE - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello, I'm getting the following message when taking a jakarta tomcat resource offline: bash-2.05# VCS ERROR V-16-1-13064 (smspr1n1) Agent is calling clean for resource(jakarta_app) because the resource is up even after offline completed. VCS ERROR V-16-1-13077 (smspr1n1) Agent is unable ...

  1. UNABLE TO OFFLINE

    Hello,

    I'm getting the following message when taking a jakarta tomcat resource offline:

    bash-2.05# VCS ERROR V-16-1-13064 (smspr1n1) Agent is calling clean for resource(jakarta_app)
    because the resource is up even after offline completed.
    VCS ERROR V-16-1-13077 (smspr1n1) Agent is unable to offline resource#
    (jakarta_app). Administrative intervention may be required.

    The StopProgram exits with a 0 so I would expect it to work.

    Does anyone know what this is happening here?

    Cheers

  2. Re: UNABLE TO OFFLINE

    "Mekeen" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm getting the following message when taking a jakarta tomcat resource

    offline:

    >bash-2.05# VCS ERROR V-16-1-13064 (smspr1n1) Agent is calling clean for

    resource(jakarta_app)
    >because the resource is up even after offline completed.
    >VCS ERROR V-16-1-13077 (smspr1n1) Agent is unable to offline resource#
    >(jakarta_app). Administrative intervention may be required.
    >
    >The StopProgram exits with a 0 so I would expect it to work.
    >
    >Does anyone know what this is happening here?
    >
    >Cheers

    The email address has be changed. There was a typo.

  3. Re: UNABLE TO OFFLINE

    Hi
    This error often occurs when jakarta is not going offiline and its process
    is running. first check manualy that r u abale to stop jakarat by issuing
    ../jakarta-tomcat/bin/catalina.sh stop
    and checj catalina.out log to monitor whats happening,,,,'

    regards
    Zafar

    "Mekeen" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm getting the following message when taking a jakarta tomcat resource

    offline:

    >bash-2.05# VCS ERROR V-16-1-13064 (smspr1n1) Agent is calling clean for

    resource(jakarta_app)
    >because the resource is up even after offline completed.
    >VCS ERROR V-16-1-13077 (smspr1n1) Agent is unable to offline resource#
    >(jakarta_app). Administrative intervention may be required.
    >
    >The StopProgram exits with a 0 so I would expect it to work.
    >
    >Does anyone know what this is happening here?
    >
    >Cheers

  4. Re: UNABLE TO OFFLINE

    Thanks Zafar. I have now added another resource which starts after everything
    else within Veritas. Tomcat no longer creates this problem but the new resource
    does. Does anyone or indeed yourself Zafur know what might be happening here?

    "zafar" wrote:

    >Hi
    >This error often occurs when jakarta is not going offiline and its process
    >is running. first check manualy that r u abale to stop jakarat by issuing
    >../jakarta-tomcat/bin/catalina.sh stop
    >and checj catalina.out log to monitor whats happening,,,,'
    >
    >regards
    >Zafar
    >

    >"Mekeen" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I'm getting the following message when taking a jakarta tomcat resource

    >offline:
    >>
    >>bash-2.05# VCS ERROR V-16-1-13064 (smspr1n1) Agent is calling clean for

    >resource(jakarta_app)
    >>because the resource is up even after offline completed.
    >>VCS ERROR V-16-1-13077 (smspr1n1) Agent is unable to offline resource#
    >>(jakarta_app). Administrative intervention may be required.
    >>
    >>The StopProgram exits with a 0 so I would expect it to work.
    >>
    >>Does anyone know what this is happening here?
    >>
    >>Cheers

+ Reply to Thread