VCS on diff versions of solaris - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS on diff versions of solaris - Veritas Cluster Server ; can anyone tell me if it's possible to run vcs on an application spread across two different versions of solaris? we have the app on solaris 8 and want to migrate it to 9. someone asked me if i could ...

  1. VCS on diff versions of solaris

    can anyone tell me if it's possible to run vcs on an application spread across
    two different versions of solaris? we have the app on solaris 8 and want
    to migrate it to 9.

    someone asked me if i could install the app on solaris 9 but leave the other
    one on solaris 8, then we could see which node did a better job of supporting
    the application, failing over to compare.

    tia,

  2. Re: VCS on diff versions of solaris

    will work, but Veritas (Symantec) will not support it

    Have to have the same versions of the software on both the machines, and
    can not mix permanent and demo license keys on the 2 machines