Trouble adding Low-Priority link - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Trouble adding Low-Priority link - Veritas Cluster Server ; I currently have two private llt links and am attempting to add a low-priority public link. I stopped VCS, but when I try to stop llt and gab, I get the following: GAB gabconfig ERROR V-15-2-25014 clients still registered lltconfig: ...

  1. Trouble adding Low-Priority link

    I currently have two private llt links and am attempting to add a low-priority
    public link.
    I stopped VCS, but when I try to stop llt and gab, I get the following:
    GAB gabconfig ERROR V-15-2-25014 clients still registered

    lltconfig: this will attempt to stop and reset LLT. Confirm (y/n)? y
    LLT lltconfig ERROR V-14-2-15121 LLT unconfigure aborted, unregister 3 port(s)

    Is there another step that I am missing to get GAB to stop?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Trouble adding Low-Priority link

    First, see which gab ports are still registered

    gabconfig -a

    Then, if you see ports, we need to stop different parts:

    port What it does and how to stop
    ------------------------------------
    a Communication node-to-node - stopped by stopping gab
    b IO Fencing - stopped with /etc/init.d/vxfen stop
    d Oracle to Oracle coms in a RAC environment - stop Oracle
    f Cluster File System - stop VCS group or kill fsckd
    h GAB to VSC (had) communication - hastop
    o ODM - stop Oracle, and umount /odm
    q qlog (part of cluster filesystem) - stop VCS group
    v part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode
    w part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode

    Then unload gab

    gabconfig -U

    if certain ports are still registred, you can unload the specific ports
    with the "-u" option

    Next, you will need to unload llt
    It will not unload unless GAB has been unloaded

    lltconfig -U

    Paul wrote:
    > I currently have two private llt links and am attempting to add a low-priority
    > public link.
    > I stopped VCS, but when I try to stop llt and gab, I get the following:
    > GAB gabconfig ERROR V-15-2-25014 clients still registered
    >
    > lltconfig: this will attempt to stop and reset LLT. Confirm (y/n)? y
    > LLT lltconfig ERROR V-14-2-15121 LLT unconfigure aborted, unregister 3 port(s)
    >
    > Is there another step that I am missing to get GAB to stop?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

  3. Re: Trouble adding Low-Priority link

    sorry - swapped ports "o" and "d"

    Me wrote:
    > First, see which gab ports are still registered
    >
    > gabconfig -a
    >
    > Then, if you see ports, we need to stop different parts:
    >
    > port What it does and how to stop
    > ------------------------------------
    > a Communication node-to-node - stopped by stopping gab
    > b IO Fencing - stopped with /etc/init.d/vxfen stop
    > d Oracle to Oracle coms in a RAC environment - stop Oracle
    > f Cluster File System - stop VCS group or kill fsckd
    > h GAB to VSC (had) communication - hastop
    > o ODM - stop Oracle, and umount /odm
    > q qlog (part of cluster filesystem) - stop VCS group
    > v part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode
    > w part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode
    >
    > Then unload gab
    >
    > gabconfig -U
    >
    > if certain ports are still registred, you can unload the specific ports
    > with the "-u" option
    >
    > Next, you will need to unload llt
    > It will not unload unless GAB has been unloaded
    >
    > lltconfig -U
    >

    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >> I currently have two private llt links and am attempting to add a
    >> low-priority
    >> public link.
    >> I stopped VCS, but when I try to stop llt and gab, I get the following:
    >> GAB gabconfig ERROR V-15-2-25014 clients still registered
    >>
    >> lltconfig: this will attempt to stop and reset LLT. Confirm (y/n)? y
    >> LLT lltconfig ERROR V-14-2-15121 LLT unconfigure aborted, unregister 3
    >> port(s)
    >>
    >> Is there another step that I am missing to get GAB to stop?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.

  4. Re: Trouble adding Low-Priority link

    Turns out it was an oversight on my side. The root cause was in my llttab
    where I had not choosen a unique cluster number for MY cluster. There was
    already a cluster in place using the cluster number I was also trying to
    use. I chose a different number and everything is working much better now.

    Thanks for your suggestions.

    Me wrote:
    >sorry - swapped ports "o" and "d"
    >
    >Me wrote:
    >> First, see which gab ports are still registered
    >>
    >> gabconfig -a
    >>
    >> Then, if you see ports, we need to stop different parts:
    >>
    >> port What it does and how to stop
    >> ------------------------------------
    >> a Communication node-to-node - stopped by stopping gab
    >> b IO Fencing - stopped with /etc/init.d/vxfen stop
    >> d Oracle to Oracle coms in a RAC environment - stop Oracle
    >> f Cluster File System - stop VCS group or kill fsckd
    >> h GAB to VSC (had) communication - hastop
    >> o ODM - stop Oracle, and umount /odm
    >> q qlog (part of cluster filesystem) - stop VCS group
    >> v part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode
    >> w part of cvm - stop VCS group or vxclustadm stopnode
    >>
    >> Then unload gab
    >>
    >> gabconfig -U
    >>
    >> if certain ports are still registred, you can unload the specific ports

    >> with the "-u" option
    >>
    >> Next, you will need to unload llt
    >> It will not unload unless GAB has been unloaded
    >>
    >> lltconfig -U
    >>

    >> Paul wrote:
    >>
    >>> I currently have two private llt links and am attempting to add a
    >>> low-priority
    >>> public link.
    >>> I stopped VCS, but when I try to stop llt and gab, I get the following:
    >>> GAB gabconfig ERROR V-15-2-25014 clients still registered
    >>>
    >>> lltconfig: this will attempt to stop and reset LLT. Confirm (y/n)? y
    >>> LLT lltconfig ERROR V-14-2-15121 LLT unconfigure aborted, unregister

    3
    >>> port(s)
    >>>
    >>> Is there another step that I am missing to get GAB to stop?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread