What happens in case of init6 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on What happens in case of init6 - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, we've got an older Cluster Version 1.2 for SOLARIS2.6 (We've also got new ones) My question: There are two nodes: A and B. On A there all resources online, on B nothing. What will happen when I run an ...

  1. What happens in case of init6

    Hi,

    we've got an older Cluster Version 1.2 for SOLARIS2.6
    (We've also got new ones)

    My question:

    There are two nodes: A and B.
    On A there all resources online, on B nothing.

    What will happen when I run an init6 command on A?
    Become all resources online on B automatically, if there are failover groups?
    What will happen if A is again online?

    Thanks

    Heinz

  2. Re: What happens in case of init6

    See the shutdown scripts (/etc/rc0.d)

    VCS will actually do a "hastop -evacuate", which means it will try to
    switch all the service groups to the other node(s) in the cluster

    Heinz Mueller wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > we've got an older Cluster Version 1.2 for SOLARIS2.6
    > (We've also got new ones)
    >
    > My question:
    >
    > There are two nodes: A and B.
    > On A there all resources online, on B nothing.
    >
    > What will happen when I run an init6 command on A?
    > Become all resources online on B automatically, if there are failover groups?
    > What will happen if A is again online?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Heinz

+ Reply to Thread