VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service Group on Solaris 9 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service Group on Solaris 9 - Veritas Cluster Server ; I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group. (All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.) while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows "VCS error V-16-1-10269" ...

  1. VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service Group on Solaris 9

    I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group.
    (All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.)
    while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows
    "VCS error V-16-1-10269"

    .. can anyone give me the solution for the above problem?

    Note:
    I am using VCS4.0 on Solaris 9

  2. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a ServiceGroup on Solaris 9

    Next to the error number, there will be a meaningful message as well.
    If that does not help, check out /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log

    (or post both here so we can have a look)

    Abul wrote:
    > I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group.
    > (All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.)
    > while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows
    > "VCS error V-16-1-10269"
    >
    > . can anyone give me the solution for the above problem?
    >
    > Note:
    > I am using VCS4.0 on Solaris 9

  3. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    The Error message was "resource has not been Probed on Node1".
    But even after we probed we couldn't make the mount resource online on Node1.
    Note:
    Whie Probing the reource nothing is output.

    Me wrote:
    >Next to the error number, there will be a meaningful message as well.
    >If that does not help, check out /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log
    >

    >(or post both here so we can have a look)
    >

    >Abul wrote:
    >> I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group.
    >> (All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.)
    >> while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows
    >> "VCS error V-16-1-10269"
    >>
    >> . can anyone give me the solution for the above problem?
    >>
    >> Note:
    >> I am using VCS4.0 on Solaris 9

  4. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    OK - sounds to me like you did not start both the nodes in the cluster.

    If you have a look at the output of "hastatus -sum", you will see that
    the service group that the mount belongs to, has not been probed on the
    1 machine. It will therefor be autodisabled.

    So, you can either probe all resources on the other machine (node1) or
    restart VCS ("hastop -local" followed by "hastart") to probe all, or in
    the last resort, if the machine is actually not up (running), you can
    autoenable the service group on the missing machine (hagrp -autoenable
    -sys )

    If you like, just post the results of "hastatus -sum" here and I'll
    point it out to you.

    Abul wrote:
    > The Error message was "resource has not been Probed on Node1".
    > But even after we probed we couldn't make the mount resource online on Node1.
    > Note:
    > Whie Probing the reource nothing is output.
    >

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>Next to the error number, there will be a meaningful message as well.
    >>If that does not help, check out /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log
    >>

    >>(or post both here so we can have a look)
    >>

    >>Abul wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group.
    >>>(All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.)
    >>>while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows
    >>>"VCS error V-16-1-10269"
    >>>
    >>>. can anyone give me the solution for the above problem?
    >>>
    >>>Note:
    >>>I am using VCS4.0 on Solaris 9

  5. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    OK - that means that the mount resource has not been configured properly.

    Look at /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log while probing the resource.

    Now, just for information, you need to specify the following for the
    mount point:

    BlockDevice

    This is the path of the device. Something like /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 or
    /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol

    FsckOpt

    This must be filled in !!! If you upgraded from pre-3.5, this is most
    likely what is missing. This is the option you would specify for a fsck.
    This should be something like "-y" or "-n"

    FSType

    Something like vxfs or ufs or ....

    MountPoint

    This is the full path for the mount point. Make sure that the mount
    opint does exist. VCS will "stat" the mount mount to find out if it is
    there and if something is mounted.

    Abul wrote:
    > Thanks for your Reply..
    > As you said the output of "hastatus -sum" shows autodisabled for the service
    > group and after enabling it shows 'N" for the autodisabled property. thats
    > fine.
    >
    > But even after restarting the VCS and probing all the resources (thru' GUI)
    > it still shows the mount resource as not probed.
    > All other resources (i.e DiskGroup,Volume etc..) working properly.
    >
    > Mount resource only has this problem.. Even the Mount Agent is running properly.
    >
    > Is there any specific problem related to Mount Resource.
    > Would appreciate if you help me regarding the issue ...
    >

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>OK - sounds to me like you did not start both the nodes in the cluster.
    >>
    >>If you have a look at the output of "hastatus -sum", you will see that
    >>the service group that the mount belongs to, has not been probed on the

    >>1 machine. It will therefor be autodisabled.
    >>
    >>So, you can either probe all resources on the other machine (node1) or
    >>restart VCS ("hastop -local" followed by "hastart") to probe all, or in

    >>the last resort, if the machine is actually not up (running), you can
    >>autoenable the service group on the missing machine (hagrp -autoenable
    >> -sys )
    >>

    >>If you like, just post the results of "hastatus -sum" here and I'll
    >>point it out to you.
    >>
    >>Abul wrote:
    >>
    >>>The Error message was "resource has not been Probed on Node1".
    >>>But even after we probed we couldn't make the mount resource online on

    > Node1.
    >
    >>>Note:
    >>>Whie Probing the reource nothing is output.

  6. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    Me wrote:
    >OK - sounds to me like you did not start both the nodes in the cluster.
    >
    >If you have a look at the output of "hastatus -sum", you will see that
    >the service group that the mount belongs to, has not been probed on the

    >1 machine. It will therefor be autodisabled.
    >
    >So, you can either probe all resources on the other machine (node1) or
    >restart VCS ("hastop -local" followed by "hastart") to probe all, or in

    >the last resort, if the machine is actually not up (running), you can
    >autoenable the service group on the missing machine (hagrp -autoenable
    > -sys )
    >

    >If you like, just post the results of "hastatus -sum" here and I'll
    >point it out to you.
    >
    >Abul wrote:
    >> The Error message was "resource has not been Probed on Node1".
    >> But even after we probed we couldn't make the mount resource online on

    Node1.
    >> Note:
    >> Whie Probing the reource nothing is output.
    >>

    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>Next to the error number, there will be a meaningful message as well.
    >>>If that does not help, check out /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log
    >>>

    >>>(or post both here so we can have a look)

  7. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    Yes..
    I have given all the options for the mount resources correctly.
    I am using a volume as the block device - /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    FsckOpt - "-n"
    FSType - "ufs"
    and a valid mount point(even that is present in both the nodes) - "/mnt1"
    In /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log there is no error error message while probing
    the resource.

    Still It is Offline on both the nodes.

    --

    Me wrote:
    >OK - that means that the mount resource has not been configured properly.
    >
    >Look at /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log while probing the resource.
    >

    >Now, just for information, you need to specify the following for the
    >mount point:
    >

    >BlockDevice
    >
    >This is the path of the device. Something like /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 or
    >/dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >

    >FsckOpt
    >
    >This must be filled in !!! If you upgraded from pre-3.5, this is most
    >likely what is missing. This is the option you would specify for a fsck.

    >This should be something like "-y" or "-n"
    >

    >FSType
    >
    >Something like vxfs or ufs or ....
    >

    >MountPoint
    >
    >This is the full path for the mount point. Make sure that the mount
    >opint does exist. VCS will "stat" the mount mount to find out if it is
    >there and if something is mounted.
    >

    >Abul wrote:
    >> Thanks for your Reply..
    >> As you said the output of "hastatus -sum" shows autodisabled for the service
    >> group and after enabling it shows 'N" for the autodisabled property. thats
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> But even after restarting the VCS and probing all the resources (thru'

    GUI)
    >> it still shows the mount resource as not probed.
    >> All other resources (i.e DiskGroup,Volume etc..) working properly.
    >>
    >> Mount resource only has this problem.. Even the Mount Agent is running

    properly.

    >> Is there any specific problem related to Mount Resource.
    >> Would appreciate if you help me regarding the issue ...
    >>

    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>OK - sounds to me like you did not start both the nodes in the cluster.
    >>>
    >>>If you have a look at the output of "hastatus -sum", you will see that

    >>>the service group that the mount belongs to, has not been probed on the

    >>>1 machine. It will therefor be autodisabled.
    >>>
    >>>So, you can either probe all resources on the other machine (node1) or

    >>>restart VCS ("hastop -local" followed by "hastart") to probe all, or in

    >>>the last resort, if the machine is actually not up (running), you can

    >>>autoenable the service group on the missing machine (hagrp -autoenable

    >>> -sys )
    >>>

    >>>If you like, just post the results of "hastatus -sum" here and I'll
    >>>point it out to you.

    on

    >> Node1.

  8. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    copy and paste the mount resource from the
    /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf file and post it here together with the
    output of "vxprint -th" and "vxdisk -o alldgs list" and the last 50
    lines or so of the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file after trying to
    online the resource (somthing like "hares -online mymount -sys node1")

    Abul wrote:
    > Yes..
    > I have given all the options for the mount resources correctly.
    > I am using a volume as the block device - /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    > FsckOpt - "-n"
    > FSType - "ufs"
    > and a valid mount point(even that is present in both the nodes) - "/mnt1"
    > In /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log there is no error error message while probing
    > the resource.
    >

    > Still It is Offline on both the nodes.
    >
    > --
    >

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>OK - that means that the mount resource has not been configured properly.
    >>
    >>Look at /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log while probing the resource.
    >>

    >>Now, just for information, you need to specify the following for the
    >>mount point:
    >>

    >>BlockDevice
    >>
    >>This is the path of the device. Something like /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 or
    >>/dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >>

    >>FsckOpt
    >>
    >>This must be filled in !!! If you upgraded from pre-3.5, this is most
    >>likely what is missing. This is the option you would specify for a fsck.

    >>This should be something like "-y" or "-n"
    >>

    >>FSType
    >>
    >>Something like vxfs or ufs or ....
    >>

    >>MountPoint
    >>
    >>This is the full path for the mount point. Make sure that the mount
    >>opint does exist. VCS will "stat" the mount mount to find out if it is
    >>there and if something is mounted.
    >>

    >>Abul wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks for your Reply..
    >>>As you said the output of "hastatus -sum" shows autodisabled for the service
    >>>group and after enabling it shows 'N" for the autodisabled property. thats
    >>>fine.
    >>>
    >>>But even after restarting the VCS and probing all the resources (thru'

    > GUI)
    >
    >>>it still shows the mount resource as not probed.
    >>>All other resources (i.e DiskGroup,Volume etc..) working properly.
    >>>
    >>>Mount resource only has this problem.. Even the Mount Agent is running

    > properly.
    >
    >>>Is there any specific problem related to Mount Resource.
    >>>Would appreciate if you help me regarding the issue ...

    > on
    >
    >>>Node1.

  9. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    I think there is no spl. patces required for VxVM4.0 on Solaris9...
    Is there any specific patches to be applied for VCS4.0 ???.

    Me wrote:
    >copy and paste the mount resource from the
    >/etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf file and post it here together with the

    > output of "vxprint -th" and "vxdisk -o alldgs list" and the last 50
    >lines or so of the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file after trying to
    >online the resource (somthing like "hares -online mymount -sys node1")
    >

    >Abul wrote:
    >> Yes..
    >> I have given all the options for the mount resources correctly.
    >> I am using a volume as the block device - /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >> FsckOpt - "-n"
    >> FSType - "ufs"
    >> and a valid mount point(even that is present in both the nodes) - "/mnt1"
    >> In /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log there is no error error message while

    probing
    >> the resource.
    >>

    >> Still It is Offline on both the nodes.
    >>
    >> --
    >>

    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>OK - that means that the mount resource has not been configured properly.
    >>>
    >>>Look at /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log while probing the resource.
    >>>

    >>>Now, just for information, you need to specify the following for the
    >>>mount point:
    >>>

    >>>BlockDevice
    >>>
    >>>This is the path of the device. Something like /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 or

    >>>/dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >>>

    >>>FsckOpt
    >>>
    >>>This must be filled in !!! If you upgraded from pre-3.5, this is most

    >>>likely what is missing. This is the option you would specify for a fsck.

    >>>This should be something like "-y" or "-n"
    >>>

    >>>FSType
    >>>
    >>>Something like vxfs or ufs or ....
    >>>

    >>>MountPoint
    >>>
    >>>This is the full path for the mount point. Make sure that the mount
    >>>opint does exist. VCS will "stat" the mount mount to find out if it is

    >>>there and if something is mounted.

    service

    thats

    >> GUI)

    >> properly.

    the

    or

    in

    >> on

  10. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    Why are you going on the VxVM path now ? any errors indicating that VM
    is the problem ?

    There are no patches (appart from very specific point patches for very
    specific problems with very specific customers.

    The mount resource has been in VCS since version 1.0 - There has been no
    problems (appart from mis-configuration) since the release of 3.5 (where
    the new "FsckOpt" was introduced and no-one read the manual)

    Again, let's see the main.cf and the engine_a.log after trying to online
    the service group or the resource.

    Abul wrote:
    > I think there is no spl. patces required for VxVM4.0 on Solaris9...
    > Is there any specific patches to be applied for VCS4.0 ???.
    >

    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>copy and paste the mount resource from the
    >>/etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf file and post it here together with the

    >> output of "vxprint -th" and "vxdisk -o alldgs list" and the last 50
    >>lines or so of the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file after trying to
    >>online the resource (somthing like "hares -online mymount -sys node1")
    >>

    >>Abul wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yes..
    >>>I have given all the options for the mount resources correctly.
    >>>I am using a volume as the block device - /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >>>FsckOpt - "-n"
    >>>FSType - "ufs"
    >>>and a valid mount point(even that is present in both the nodes) - "/mnt1"
    >>>In /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log there is no error error message while

    > probing
    >
    >>>the resource.
    >>>

    >>>Still It is Offline on both the nodes.
    >>>
    >>>--

    > service

    > thats

    >>>GUI)

    >>>properly.

    > the

    > or

    > in

    >>>on

  11. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service Group on Solaris 9

    1/ Please post snippet of main.cf for this mount resource
    2/ Is mount point in slice [partition] or volume? If volume include vxprint
    output
    3/ Is file system VxFS or UFS? If UFS is logging disabled?
    4/ Ensure fsckopt is "-y" or "-n" - there is no default.

    mh

    "Abul" wrote:

    >I am adding a mount resource to a VCS Sevice Group.
    >(All the nodes in the clusters are in Offline for this resource.)
    >while trying to make Online on any one host it shows error as follows
    >"VCS error V-16-1-10269"
    >
    >.. can anyone give me the solution for the above problem?
    >
    >Note:
    >I am using VCS4.0 on Solaris 9

  12. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    Do you have a mount point or a empty directory called /mnt1 on node1

    "Abul" wrote:

    >Thanks for your Reply..
    >As you said the output of "hastatus -sum" shows autodisabled for the service
    >group and after enabling it shows 'N" for the autodisabled property. thats
    >fine.
    >
    >But even after restarting the VCS and probing all the resources (thru' GUI)
    >it still shows the mount resource as not probed.
    >All other resources (i.e DiskGroup,Volume etc..) working properly.
    >
    >Mount resource only has this problem.. Even the Mount Agent is running properly.
    >
    >Is there any specific problem related to Mount Resource.
    >Would appreciate if you help me regarding the issue ...
    >

    >Me wrote:
    >>OK - sounds to me like you did not start both the nodes in the cluster.
    >>
    >>If you have a look at the output of "hastatus -sum", you will see that

    >>the service group that the mount belongs to, has not been probed on the

    >>1 machine. It will therefor be autodisabled.
    >>
    >>So, you can either probe all resources on the other machine (node1) or

    >>restart VCS ("hastop -local" followed by "hastart") to probe all, or in

    >>the last resort, if the machine is actually not up (running), you can
    >>autoenable the service group on the missing machine (hagrp -autoenable

    >> -sys )
    >>

    >>If you like, just post the results of "hastatus -sum" here and I'll
    >>point it out to you.
    >>
    >>Abul wrote:
    >>> The Error message was "resource has not been Probed on Node1".
    >>> But even after we probed we couldn't make the mount resource online

    on
    >Node1.
    >>> Note:
    >>> Whie Probing the reource nothing is output.

  13. Re: VCS error V-16-1-10269 occurs for mount resource in a Service

    you try hares -modify FsckOpt "%-n" command.

    "Abul" wrote:

    >Yes..
    >I have given all the options for the mount resources correctly.
    >I am using a volume as the block device - /dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >FsckOpt - "-n"
    >FSType - "ufs"
    >and a valid mount point(even that is present in both the nodes) - "/mnt1"
    >In /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log there is no error error message while probing
    >the resource.
    >

    >Still It is Offline on both the nodes.
    >
    >--
    >

    >Me wrote:
    >>OK - that means that the mount resource has not been configured properly.
    >>
    >>Look at /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log while probing the resource.
    >>

    >>Now, just for information, you need to specify the following for the
    >>mount point:
    >>

    >>BlockDevice
    >>
    >>This is the path of the device. Something like /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 or

    >>/dev/vx/dsk/my_dg/my_vol
    >>

    >>FsckOpt
    >>
    >>This must be filled in !!! If you upgraded from pre-3.5, this is most
    >>likely what is missing. This is the option you would specify for a fsck.

    >>This should be something like "-y" or "-n"
    >>

    >>FSType
    >>
    >>Something like vxfs or ufs or ....
    >>

    >>MountPoint
    >>
    >>This is the full path for the mount point. Make sure that the mount
    >>opint does exist. VCS will "stat" the mount mount to find out if it is

    >>there and if something is mounted.
    >>

    >>Abul wrote:
    >>> Thanks for your Reply..
    >>> As you said the output of "hastatus -sum" shows autodisabled for the

    service
    >>> group and after enabling it shows 'N" for the autodisabled property.

    thats
    >>> fine.
    >>>
    >>> But even after restarting the VCS and probing all the resources (thru'

    >GUI)
    >>> it still shows the mount resource as not probed.
    >>> All other resources (i.e DiskGroup,Volume etc..) working properly.
    >>>
    >>> Mount resource only has this problem.. Even the Mount Agent is running

    >properly.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any specific problem related to Mount Resource.
    >>> Would appreciate if you help me regarding the issue ...

    in

    >on
    >>>
    >>> Node1.

+ Reply to Thread