preoffline attribute - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on preoffline attribute - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I need to use the PreOffline Service Group attribute. It is a feature not fully documented. In particular I need to know how to set the preoffline script. The user guide says only: PreOffline (system use only) boolean-scalar If ...

  1. preoffline attribute

    Hi,

    I need to use the PreOffline Service Group attribute. It is a feature not
    fully documented. In particular I need to know how to set the preoffline
    script.

    The user guide says only:

    PreOffline
    (system use only)
    boolean-scalar If set to 1, VCS calls a predefined script,
    preoffline, before taking the service group offline.
    Users can then decide whether to continue the
    offline procedure or cancel it.

    Thanks in advance for every hints.
    nicola.

  2. Re: preoffline attribute

    OK - so you have to do 2 things:

    1. put a script in /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/triggers and call it PreOffline
    (also make it executable - look at the sample trigger scripts in
    /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/sample_triggers)

    2. Next you have to tell VCS that you want the trigger to be executed
    for a service group. So this is where you set the PreOffline value to 1
    for the SG (in simple language - say your service group is called MySG,
    then you issue the following commands on any node in the cluster:

    haconf -makerw
    hagrp -modify MySG PreOffline 1
    haconf -dump -makero

    All of the above is in the Admin Guide

    nicola gargamelli wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to use the PreOffline Service Group attribute. It is a feature not
    > fully documented. In particular I need to know how to set the preoffline
    > script.
    >
    > The user guide says only:
    >
    > PreOffline
    > (system use only)
    > boolean-scalar If set to 1, VCS calls a predefined script,
    > preoffline, before taking the service group offline.
    > Users can then decide whether to continue the
    > offline procedure or cancel it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for every hints.
    > nicola.

  3. Re: preoffline attribute

    Me wrote:
    >All of the above is in the Admin Guide

    This flag was not documented in VCS 2.0 and I use VCS 4.0.
    Sometimes I lose myself in trivial particulars. :-)

    BTW:

    >OK - so you have to do 2 things:
    >
    >1. put a script in /opt/VRTSvcs/bin/triggers and call it PreOffline
    >(also make it executable - look at the sample trigger scripts in
    >/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/sample_triggers)

    [...]

    I tried your suggestions. But, when I tried the manual switch of SG, I got
    this warnings:

    ------start warning-------
    V-16-6-10601
    (vrtstest01) hatrigger:Usage:

    V-16-6-0
    (vrtstest01) hatrigger:
    hatrigger -injeopardy
    hatrigger -loadwarning
    hatrigger -nofailover
    hatrigger -preonline
    hatrigger -postonline
    hatrigger -postoffline
    hatrigger -resfault
    hatrigger -resnotoff
    hatrigger -sysoffline
    hatrigger -resstatechange

    hatrigger -violation
    hatrigger -cpuusage
    hatrigger -multinicb_postchange name>
    heartbeat>
    thatrigger -multinicb_aix_postchange name> n

    hatrigger -help
    -----end warning-------

    and the SG did not make the manual switch.
    I have renamed the script "PreOffline" in "preoffline", but the problem remains.

    I find out that hatrigger is a script - may be a perl script, I do not know
    perl - and, IMHO, it doesn't handle the flag "-preoffline". May be that is
    this the problem?
    Or do I forget some "trivial" particular? :-)

    ciao
    nicola.gargamelli

+ Reply to Thread