Renaming a server in a Cluster - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Renaming a server in a Cluster - Veritas Cluster Server ; Where can I find the procedures for renaming a server within a cluster...

  1. Renaming a server in a Cluster

    Where can I find the procedures for renaming a server within a cluster

  2. Re: Renaming a server in a Cluster

    There are a couple of files that needs changing:

    /etc/llthosts (on all machines in the cluster)

    /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf (on all the machines in the cluster)

    /etc/llttab (if the nodename is used in here and not the node number -
    only on the node that changes)

    /etc/VRTsvcs/conf/sysname (on the node that changes - version 2.0
    and later)

    After making the chnages, you will need to restart VCS, GAB and LLT

    (easy way is to reboot the servers).

    This is done with the following commands:

    hastop -all -force
    gabconfig -U
    lltconfig -U

    Then restart it all again
    lltconfig -c
    sh /etc/gabtab
    hastart

    And that should be it. - no formal Veritas doco on this, but if you look
    around, you will see that these are the places where the node name gets
    mentioned.

    Good luck (down time comming up)

    D. Smith wrote:
    > Where can I find the procedures for renaming a server within a cluster

+ Reply to Thread