Preonline trigger example - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Preonline trigger example - Veritas Cluster Server ; Dear all, Have some example about the preonline trigger script...? My case have 3 group g1,g2,g3. I need trigger auto start the order g1 -> g2 -> g3. should i need to check the g1 status until it online complete. ...

  1. Preonline trigger example

    Dear all,

    Have some example about the preonline trigger script...?
    My case have 3 group g1,g2,g3. I need trigger auto start the order g1 ->
    g2 -> g3.
    should i need to check the g1 status until it online complete.
    and bring the g2 online .....

    how do i deliver that on the preonline script?

    Thanks
    epee

  2. Re: Preonline trigger example

    How about Service Group dependancies ?

    Just look at the Users Guide and you will see that you can have g2
    depend on g1 being online, and have g3 depend on g2 being online. No
    need to write fancy scripts

    epee wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Have some example about the preonline trigger script...?
    > My case have 3 group g1,g2,g3. I need trigger auto start the order g1 ->
    > g2 -> g3.
    > should i need to check the g1 status until it online complete.
    > and bring the g2 online .....
    >
    > how do i deliver that on the preonline script?
    >
    > Thanks
    > epee

  3. Re: Preonline trigger example

    but i have 7 SG...
    and the service group dependancies contain limitions..so that i cant use.....

    Me wrote:
    >How about Service Group dependancies ?
    >
    >Just look at the Users Guide and you will see that you can have g2
    >depend on g1 being online, and have g3 depend on g2 being online. No
    >need to write fancy scripts
    >

    >epee wrote:
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> Have some example about the preonline trigger script...?
    >> My case have 3 group g1,g2,g3. I need trigger auto start the order g1

    ->
    >> g2 -> g3.
    >> should i need to check the g1 status until it online complete.
    >> and bring the g2 online .....
    >>
    >> how do i deliver that on the preonline script?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> epee

  4. Re: Preonline trigger example

    OK - so post your main.cf, and tell me what you want to do.

    epee wrote:
    > but i have 7 SG...
    > and the service group dependancies contain limitions..so that i cant use.....
    >
    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>How about Service Group dependancies ?
    >>
    >>Just look at the Users Guide and you will see that you can have g2
    >>depend on g1 being online, and have g3 depend on g2 being online. No
    >>need to write fancy scripts
    >>

    >>epee wrote:
    >>
    >>>Dear all,
    >>>
    >>>Have some example about the preonline trigger script...?
    >>>My case have 3 group g1,g2,g3. I need trigger auto start the order g1

    > ->
    >
    >>>g2 -> g3.
    >>>should i need to check the g1 status until it online complete.
    >>>and bring the g2 online .....
    >>>
    >>>how do i deliver that on the preonline script?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>epee

  5. Re: Preonline trigger example

    say, i have 7SG (g1,g2..g7)
    i wanna the start order is g1->g2->g3...->g7.
    Each group must being online before the parent group is complete online.

    Me wrote:
    >OK - so post your main.cf, and tell me what you want to do.
    >
    >epee wrote:
    >> but i have 7 SG...
    >> and the service group dependancies contain limitions..so that i cant use.....
    >>
    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>How about Service Group dependancies ?
    >>>
    >>>Just look at the Users Guide and you will see that you can have g2
    >>>depend on g1 being online, and have g3 depend on g2 being online. No
    >>>need to write fancy scripts

    >> ->

  6. Re: Preonline trigger example

    If it does not matter where the service groups go online (on which node
    in the cluster), then have group dependancies

    haconf -makerw
    hagrp -link g2 g1 online global firm
    # thus g2 requires g1 online global firm

    hagrp -link g3 g2 online global firm

    haconf -dump -makero

    ---------------------------------

    The dependancy can be changed to "local" (not global) if you want all
    the groups to be online on the same node. The "firm" means that if g1
    goes offline (and online again - like in a fail-over), g2 will also go
    offline and only come online once g1 is online again. Soft dependancy
    will not take g2 offline if g1 goes offline, but g1 will have to be
    online before g2 will come online

    Now, please see the documentation User's Guide were all of this is
    explained, and look at the "hagrp" man page.

    epee wrote:
    > say, i have 7SG (g1,g2..g7)
    > i wanna the start order is g1->g2->g3...->g7.
    > Each group must being online before the parent group is complete online.
    >
    > Me wrote:
    >
    >>OK - so post your main.cf, and tell me what you want to do.
    >>
    >>epee wrote:
    >>
    >>>but i have 7 SG...
    >>>and the service group dependancies contain limitions..so that i cant use.....

    >>>->

  7. Re: Preonline trigger example

    thank a lot first,but the user guide is mention that the group must not more
    than 3 level group dependancies.Right?
    How can i use dependence on 7 service group?

    Me wrote:
    >If it does not matter where the service groups go online (on which node

    >in the cluster), then have group dependancies
    >
    >haconf -makerw
    >hagrp -link g2 g1 online global firm
    ># thus g2 requires g1 online global firm
    >
    >hagrp -link g3 g2 online global firm
    >
    >haconf -dump -makero
    >

    >---------------------------------
    >
    >The dependancy can be changed to "local" (not global) if you want all
    >the groups to be online on the same node. The "firm" means that if g1
    >goes offline (and online again - like in a fail-over), g2 will also go
    >offline and only come online once g1 is online again. Soft dependancy
    >will not take g2 offline if g1 goes offline, but g1 will have to be
    >online before g2 will come online
    >

    >Now, please see the documentation User's Guide were all of this is
    >explained, and look at the "hagrp" man page.
    >

    >epee wrote:
    >> say, i have 7SG (g1,g2..g7)
    >> i wanna the start order is g1->g2->g3...->g7.
    >> Each group must being online before the parent group is complete online.
    >>
    >> Me wrote:
    >>
    >>>OK - so post your main.cf, and tell me what you want to do.

    use.....

    g1

  8. Re: Preonline trigger example

    True

    only 3 deep

    The other option is the following:

    make dependancies 3 deep (thus g3 depends on g2 depends on g1)

    Then in g4 have a proxy resource pointing at some resource (that comes
    online last in g3). Make all other resources in g4 depend on this proxy.

    The proxy will not go online untill the resource pointed to (by the
    proxy in g3) ggoes online.

    Same goes for a proxy resource in the last group (g7)

    still no script !!

+ Reply to Thread