VCS fails to start an application resource (daemon process) - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS fails to start an application resource (daemon process) - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, Have defined an application resource which is a PERL daemon process. Starting/Stopping/Monitoring just work fine manually using 'hares -online/offline PROC -sys node1/2'. But when I issue a cluster switch (take-over) using 'hagrp switch group -to node1/2', VCS fails to ...

  1. VCS fails to start an application resource (daemon process)

    Hi,
    Have defined an application resource which is a PERL daemon process. Starting/Stopping/Monitoring
    just work fine manually using 'hares -online/offline PROC -sys node1/2'.
    But when I issue a cluster switch (take-over) using 'hagrp switch group -to
    node1/2', VCS fails to start the daemon process. It states: "Agent is calling
    clean for resource (PROC) because the resource became OFFLINE unexpectedly,
    on its own.". Clearing manually the faulted resource and restarting works
    fine. Could somebody points me to the right direction to get information?
    regards,