GAB error on cluster running on Solaris - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on GAB error on cluster running on Solaris - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8. The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle: pen failed errno = 261 At support.veritas.com I can't ...

  1. GAB error on cluster running on Solaris

    Hi,

    We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8.
    The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file
    we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle:pen
    failed errno = 261
    At support.veritas.com I can't find anything about this error.
    Anyone knows what this mean?

    Thanks in advance
    Filiep Declerck.

  2. Re: GAB error on cluster running on Solaris

    "Filiep Declerck" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8.
    >The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file
    >we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle:pen
    >failed errno = 261
    >At support.veritas.com I can't find anything about this error.
    >Anyone knows what this mean?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Filiep Declerck.

    I have the exact same problem, same OS, VCS version. I just took this system
    over so don't have history on it.

  3. Re: GAB error on cluster running on Solaris

    "Filiep Declerck" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8.
    >The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file
    >we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle:pen
    >failed errno = 261
    >At support.veritas.com I can't find anything about this error.
    >Anyone knows what this mean?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Filiep Declerck.

    I have the same problem, and now I see there is not /etc/gabtab file.

  4. Re: GAB error on cluster running on Solaris

    "Filiep Declerck" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8.
    >The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file
    >we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle:pen
    >failed errno = 261
    >At support.veritas.com I can't find anything about this error.
    >Anyone knows what this mean?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Filiep Declerck.

    I had the exact same problem, on same version etc... This was a server I
    inherited from a contractor. I found much to my surpise VCS was not setup
    at all. Fixing this was quite easy and there are docs on veritas.com that
    help with this. Steps to fix:
    add files /etc/gabtab, /etc/llttab, /etc/llthosts
    /etc/gabtab contents:
    /sbin/gabconfig -c -n2 ( for a 2 node cluster)

    /etc/llttab
    set-node ustu-gmsdbsqain01
    set-cluster 127
    #link qfe0 /dev/qfe:0 - ether - -
    link ce1 /dev/ce:1 - ether - -
    link ce3 /dev/ce:3 - ether - -
    link ce4 /dev/ce:4 - ether - -
    #link qfe4 /dev/qfe:4 - ether - -
    include 0-1
    exclude 2-31
    start

    (if you are not sure which net devices you have with xover cables for llt,
    run ifconfig -a, and you could guess for llt as they should be the ones that
    shoud not show up in ifconfig -a, as llttab devices should not be configued
    as ip devices--if using xover cables anyway. As you may guess I dont have
    3 xover cables, but this got me going for the moment, so will have to determine
    which is extra later )

    /etc/llthosts
    0
    1

    create thos files on both hosts

    Then run
    /etc/etc2.d/S70llt start
    /etc/rc2.d/S93gab start

    on both hosts, both should be successful.
    More work to do, but that should be a start hope that helps.

  5. Re: GAB error on cluster running on Solaris

    "Filiep Declerck" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >We have a 2 Node Cluster (v3.5) running Solaris 8.
    >The GAB wouldn't load anymore and in the /var/VRTSvcs/log/engine_A.log file
    >we are having this error : TAG_B 2005/02/10 04:59:02 VCS:10116:GabHandle:pen
    >failed errno = 261
    >At support.veritas.com I can't find anything about this error.
    >Anyone knows what this mean?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >Filiep Declerck.

    I had the same error. It turns out my /etc/llttab had an error in it. Instead
    of ce:6 i had cd:6. I changed it and ran
    /etc/etc2.d/S70llt stop
    /etc/etc2.d/S70llt start
    /etc/rc2.d/S93gab stop
    /etc/rc2.d/S93gab start