Active-active IPMP for MultinicB - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Active-active IPMP for MultinicB - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I just like to find out anybody configure MultinicB with active-active IPMP before. Or is this configuration supported? If got anyone configure with this, can share how you did it. Thanks....

  1. Active-active IPMP for MultinicB

    Hi,
    I just like to find out anybody configure MultinicB with active-active
    IPMP before. Or is this configuration supported? If got anyone configure
    with this, can share how you did it. Thanks.

  2. Re: Active-active IPMP for MultinicB

    The Bundled Agents Guide comes with an example

    Wilson Chong wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I just like to find out anybody configure MultinicB with active-active
    > IPMP before. Or is this configuration supported? If got anyone configure
    > with this, can share how you did it. Thanks.

  3. Re: Active-active IPMP for MultinicB

    Try this .... (in the main.cf) ... change the relevant pieces such as NIC
    names etal.

    group common (
    SystemList = { serverA = 1, serverB = 2 }
    Parallel = 1
    AutoStartList = { serverA, serverB }
    )

    IPMultiNICB public_ip (
    Address @serverA = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn"
    Address @serverB = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn"
    NetMask = "255.255.255.0"
    MultiNICBResName = public
    )

    MultiNICB public (
    Device @serverA = { en0 = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn", en5 = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
    " }
    Device @serverB = { en0 = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn", en5 = "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn
    " }
    NetworkHosts = { "nnn.nnn.nnn.1" }
    Gateway = "nnn.nnn.nnn.1"
    )

    public_ip requires public

    // resource dependency tree
    //
    // group common
    // {
    // IPMultiNICB public_ip
    // {
    // MultiNICB public
    // }
    // }

    Me wrote:
    >The Bundled Agents Guide comes with an example
    >
    >Wilson Chong wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I just like to find out anybody configure MultinicB with active-active
    >> IPMP before. Or is this configuration supported? If got anyone configure
    >> with this, can share how you did it. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread