Service Group - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Service Group - Veritas Cluster Server ; I created a new Cluster Alias on the same server (from Cluster Manager Java Console GUI), and it copied the whole "tree" (servei group) from the existing one. I deleted the tree (service group) on the new cluster alias but ...

  1. Service Group

    I created a new Cluster Alias on the same server (from Cluster Manager Java
    Console GUI), and it copied the whole "tree" (servei group) from the existing
    one. I deleted the tree (service group) on the new cluster alias but it
    also deleted from the original cluster alias. Now I don't have the service
    group on the original cluster alias. The main.cf fle still exists in /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config
    directory. I would appreciate if anybody can tell me how to put back the
    service group to the original Cluster Alias. Cluster is still up and running.

    VCS is running on Solaris 8
    VCS is version 3.5

    Thanks

  2. Re: Service Group

    alias is not a copy (just points at the original)

    to fix :

    hastop -all -force

    (make sure the main.cf is still ok - or copy back from one of the
    previous copies - VCS makes a copy each time change it)

    Then on the machine where you are sure the main.cf is good:

    hastart -force

    and on the other machine(s)

    hastart -stale

    GUI connection should be lost - refresh and check

    Anthony wrote:
    > I created a new Cluster Alias on the same server (from Cluster Manager Java
    > Console GUI), and it copied the whole "tree" (servei group) from the existing
    > one. I deleted the tree (service group) on the new cluster alias but it
    > also deleted from the original cluster alias. Now I don't have the service
    > group on the original cluster alias. The main.cf fle still exists in /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config
    > directory. I would appreciate if anybody can tell me how to put back the
    > service group to the original Cluster Alias. Cluster is still up and running.
    >
    > VCS is running on Solaris 8
    > VCS is version 3.5
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread