How can i run custom scripts when a Cluster Node comes online - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on How can i run custom scripts when a Cluster Node comes online - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello, This is my problem.. Maybe someone can offer a different solution than the one I'm thinking. We have a 2 Node Cluster running Solaris 9. The nodes will share a Virtual IP depending on which was is active. (easy ...

  1. How can i run custom scripts when a Cluster Node comes online

    Hello,

    This is my problem.. Maybe someone can offer a different solution than
    the one I'm thinking.

    We have a 2 Node Cluster running Solaris 9. The nodes will share a
    Virtual IP depending on which was is active. (easy enough)

    The problem is, when the active node sends out an IP packet, its
    populating the source IP as the Physical Ethernet IP and NOT the virutal
    IP.

    To fix this problem manually, I use the Solaris "route" command to
    basically say "any packet going to the default route, use the source IP of
    the Virtual IP"
    the command is "route add default -setsrc

    So, this command won't work unless the virtual IP is provisioned, so i
    can't just stick this in a Unix startup script of both machines, cause the
    script wouldn't work with the node on standby because the virtual IP
    wouldn't be provisioned on it.

    So, can i use a custom script within Veritas that when it brings up the
    virtual NIC AND IP, it will run a custom script? That would solve my
    problem.

    Regards.
    Syd.

  2. Re: How can i run custom scripts when a Cluster Node comes online

    Use a trigger script when the service group comes online (post-online)

    See the VCS User's Guide (Chapter 11)

    Syd Alam wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > This is my problem.. Maybe someone can offer a different solution than
    > the one I'm thinking.
    >
    > We have a 2 Node Cluster running Solaris 9. The nodes will share a
    > Virtual IP depending on which was is active. (easy enough)
    >
    > The problem is, when the active node sends out an IP packet, its
    > populating the source IP as the Physical Ethernet IP and NOT the virutal
    > IP.
    >
    > To fix this problem manually, I use the Solaris "route" command to
    > basically say "any packet going to the default route, use the source IP of
    > the Virtual IP"
    > the command is "route add default -setsrc
    >
    > So, this command won't work unless the virtual IP is provisioned, so i
    > can't just stick this in a Unix startup script of both machines, cause the
    > script wouldn't work with the node on standby because the virtual IP
    > wouldn't be provisioned on it.
    >
    > So, can i use a custom script within Veritas that when it brings up the
    > virtual NIC AND IP, it will run a custom script? That would solve my
    > problem.

    > Regards.
    > Syd.

+ Reply to Thread