Newbie problem logging into Cluster Manager - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Newbie problem logging into Cluster Manager - Veritas Cluster Server ; Long story that I won't get into, but suffice it to say that the administrator username and password for our new Veritas cluster has been "misplaced". Any way to recover/reset that? Will editing main.cf help me, or am I screwed? ...

  1. Newbie problem logging into Cluster Manager

    Long story that I won't get into, but suffice it to say that the
    administrator username and password for our new Veritas cluster has been
    "misplaced". Any way to recover/reset that? Will editing main.cf help me,
    or am I screwed?

    Thanks very much for any assistance!

    Phil

  2. Re: Newbie problem logging into Cluster Manager

    Phil McNeill wrote:
    > Long story that I won't get into, but suffice it to say that the
    > administrator username and password for our new Veritas cluster has been
    > "misplaced". Any way to recover/reset that? Will editing main.cf help me,
    > or am I screwed?
    >
    > Thanks very much for any assistance!
    >
    > Phil

    By default, the password is "password" but you can change it from the
    command line with the "hauser" command. Be sure to open the
    configuration before attempting and dump configuration after completing.
    Modifying the main.cf would be a problem because the password as
    listed in the main.cf is encrypted.

    -kk

+ Reply to Thread