MultiNICB export - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on MultiNICB export - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, I get this error when trying to enable one IP resources: TAG_D 2004/10/22 18:03:04 (ariel) VCS:149001:IPMultiNICB ra_ip:monitor:Could not read MultiNICB export information. This may be because MultiNICB has not completed monitor yet Could you please point me to what ...

  1. MultiNICB export

    Hi,
    I get this error when trying to enable one IP resources:

    TAG_D 2004/10/22 18:03:04 (ariel) VCS:149001:IPMultiNICBra_ip:monitor:Could
    not read MultiNICB export information. This may be because MultiNICB has
    not completed monitor yet

    Could you please point me to what shall I check?
    This is for the time being on one machine, that I plan to add into a cluster.

    Thanks!

  2. Re: MultiNICB export

    If you use MPathd or not (MPathd = 1), the monitor process of the
    MultiNICB resource goes into a file.

    When you statr the MultiNICB resource (Enable it), there is no file yet.
    That is why you get this message.

    How, to solve:

    1. Make sure all MultiNICB resources either use MPathd or not (ALL must
    be set to 1 or set to 0)

    2. If you're using MPathd (MPathd = 1), then make sure that the path to
    "in.mpathd" is set correctly (I know they have changed this - best is to
    do "ps -ef |grep mpathd" to find out where it is running from.

    3. Make sure the hostname.???? files are setup correctly (There are some
    samples in the Users Guide)

    4. Make sure that the root user has permissions in /var/VRTSvcs/log to
    create directories and files. If you see a MultiNICB directory, you can
    delete it (it will get re-created if you enable the MultiNICB resource
    again)

    5. If all of this fails, enable debug logging for the MultiNICB resource

    Sebastian wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I get this error when trying to enable one IP resources:
    >
    > TAG_D 2004/10/22 18:03:04 (ariel) VCS:149001:IPMultiNICBra_ip:monitor:Could
    > not read MultiNICB export information. This may be because MultiNICB has
    > not completed monitor yet
    >
    > Could you please point me to what shall I check?
    > This is for the time being on one machine, that I plan to add into a cluster.
    >
    > Thanks!

  3. Re: MultiNICB export

    Thank you very much for your support. Today I discovered the problem by configuring
    once again.

    I discovered that I have used some wrong directives in my main.cf files.
    The wrong ones were :
    Address @ariel="10.20.84.137"
    Address @algol="10.20.84.137"

    In fact this this is some syntax that I don't know how I came up with it.

    According to the user guide, in my IPMultiNICB I shall have only:
    Address = "10.20.84.137"

+ Reply to Thread