cluster printing - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on cluster printing - Veritas Cluster Server ; Does anyone have any advice on creating printers across a Solaris VCS cluster ? We need to be able to create a printer on all nodes in the cluster in a consistent manner without resorting to overly-complex scripts. Thanks... JS...

  1. cluster printing

    Does anyone have any advice on creating printers across a Solaris VCS cluster
    ? We need to be able to create a printer on all nodes in the cluster in
    a consistent manner without resorting to overly-complex scripts.

    Thanks...JS

  2. Re: cluster printing

    There are no bundeled or Professional (Veritas written) printer resources.
    Looks like you will have to script one and use iether the application
    resource (to check if the printer daeom is running) or use the script agent
    to develop your own.

    Other option is to print to a local printer and just let the other people
    print to a "floating" IP address that you fail over. They would not know the
    difference.

    Good luck !

    "Jason Sinnamon" wrote in message

    > Does anyone have any advice on creating printers across a Solaris VCS

    cluster
    > ? We need to be able to create a printer on all nodes in the cluster in
    > a consistent manner without resorting to overly-complex scripts.
    >

    > Thanks...JS

+ Reply to Thread