Can I do a "rolling" upgrade of Oracle with Cluster Server HA? - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Can I do a "rolling" upgrade of Oracle with Cluster Server HA? - Veritas Cluster Server ; We are running Oracle Standard on Cluster Server HA on Solaris 64 bit - we need to upgrade our Oracle version. I was wondering if Cluster server HA enabled any kind of "rolling upgrade"? I have looked through the docs, ...

  1. Can I do a "rolling" upgrade of Oracle with Cluster Server HA?

    We are running Oracle Standard on Cluster Server HA on Solaris 64 bit - we
    need to upgrade our Oracle version. I was wondering if Cluster server HA
    enabled any kind of "rolling upgrade"?

    I have looked through the docs, but found nothing so far.

    If there is a way to do this, does anyone have the procedure?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can I do a "rolling" upgrade of Oracle with Cluster Server HA?

    Mark

    Freeze the service group persistently.
    Upgrade Oracle
    Make the changes to the cluster (the home directory might change, pfile,
    .......)

    Clear any faults on the service group (ther will be if you brought Oracle
    down)

    unfreeze service group persistently

    If you don't like the freezing bit, you can stop the cluster
    (hastop -all -force) and keep everything running.
    Make the changes (you will then need to change the main.cf file)
    and restart the cluster

    "Mark Fishlock" wrote in message

    > We are running Oracle Standard on Cluster Server HA on Solaris 64 bit - we
    > need to upgrade our Oracle version. I was wondering if Cluster server HA
    > enabled any kind of "rolling upgrade"?
    >
    > I have looked through the docs, but found nothing so far.
    >
    > If there is a way to do this, does anyone have the procedure?
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread