Oracle SG configuration - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Oracle SG configuration - Veritas Cluster Server ; I'm trying to implement a shared listener for 2 instances - one protected by cluster, the other is not. Binaries are local. In listener.ora I'm putting the physical as host, and in the connection string (tnsnames.ora) I'm putting the virtual ...

  1. Oracle SG configuration

    I'm trying to implement a shared listener for 2 instances - one protected
    by cluster, the other is not. Binaries are local. In listener.ora I'm putting
    the physical as host, and in the connection string (tnsnames.ora) I'm putting
    the virtual ip.
    Instance SG holds the virtual ip and does not contain a sqlnet resource
    Listener SG holds only sqlnet resource.
    Instance SG is dependent on Listener SG (online local firm).
    Since this is NOT a straight forward implementation of Oracle Agent SG resource
    structure I'd appriciate any comments.

  2. Re: Oracle SG configuration

    "Ran Golde" wrote:

    >I'm trying to implement a shared listener for 2 instances - one protected
    >by cluster, the other is not. Binaries are local. In listener.ora I'm putting
    >the physical as host, and in the connection string (tnsnames.ora) I'm putting
    >the virtual ip.
    >Instance SG holds the virtual ip and does not contain a sqlnet resource
    >Listener SG holds only sqlnet resource.
    >Instance SG is dependent on Listener SG (online local firm).
    >Since this is NOT a straight forward implementation of Oracle Agent SG resource
    >structure I'd appriciate any comments.

    2 corrections :

    1. Listener SG runs parallel.
    2. Instance SG (parent) depends on Listener SG (child) - online local soft.

    Thanks,

    Ran

+ Reply to Thread