Gab problems on HPUX - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Gab problems on HPUX - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi guys, I am having a funny problem on HPUX (11.11), running VCS 3.5. All LLT communications looks ok. I have confirmed this with DLPIPING server and client tests on both heartbeats in both directions. The problem is that GAB ...

  1. Gab problems on HPUX

    Hi guys,

    I am having a funny problem on HPUX (11.11), running VCS 3.5.

    All LLT communications looks ok. I have confirmed this with DLPIPING server
    and client tests on both heartbeats in both directions.

    The problem is that GAB on each side only see's itself. So each node
    registers port a membership for itself only......

    To make matters worse, when I upgrade to patch 1 (update2), then GAB fails
    to load into the kernel.

    Has anybody come accross this before ??

    Rob Abrams

  2. Re: Gab problems on HPUX

    If you are using GiGE cards, you may have to modify the llttab file and add
    a line
    "set-nofastpath 1" .

    "Rob Abrams" wrote:
    >Hi guys,
    >
    >I am having a funny problem on HPUX (11.11), running VCS 3.5.
    >
    >All LLT communications looks ok. I have confirmed this with DLPIPING server
    >and client tests on both heartbeats in both directions.
    >
    >The problem is that GAB on each side only see's itself. So each node
    >registers port a membership for itself only......
    >
    >To make matters worse, when I upgrade to patch 1 (update2), then GAB fails
    >to load into the kernel.
    >
    >Has anybody come accross this before ??
    >
    >Rob Abrams

+ Reply to Thread