VCS for E10K - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS for E10K - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hello All, How many license should I buy on single E10K for 2 domains HA (VCS). Is it license depend on server only? In addition, does VCS bundle with traffic direction feature?? regards, Simon...

  1. VCS for E10K

    Hello All,

    How many license should I buy on single E10K for 2 domains HA (VCS). Is it
    license depend on server only? In addition, does VCS bundle with traffic
    direction feature??

    regards,
    Simon

  2. Re: VCS for E10K

    Simon

    Veritas Software is licensed on the hostid. Thus 1 domain = 1 license.

    You can always speak to the sales people and they might work out a site deal
    for you (if you have more Veritas products or plan on installing more)

    Traffic Director is a seperate licensed product.

    Please check out http://vlicense.veritas.com for contact information (left
    menu) for your local licensing department. Give them a call. They'll explain
    everything to you. (Free call)

    Hope that helps
    Niel

    "Simon" wrote:

    >Hello All,
    >
    >How many license should I buy on single E10K for 2 domains HA (VCS). Is

    it
    >license depend on server only? In addition, does VCS bundle with traffic
    >direction feature??
    >
    >regards,
    >Simon

  3. Re: VCS for E10K

    you purchase 1 license for VCS .
    when you request for license in http://vlicense.veritas.com
    you can input the two hostid number
    so you receive one license key per domain. and total license number is two.

    "Simon" wrote in message news:3f3a1b0f@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hello All,
    >
    > How many license should I buy on single E10K for 2 domains HA (VCS). Is it
    > license depend on server only? In addition, does VCS bundle with traffic
    > direction feature??
    >
    > regards,
    > Simon

+ Reply to Thread