VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced Cluster for Oracle9i - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced Cluster for Oracle9i - Veritas Cluster Server ; we are looking at rolling this out very soon and we are getting conflicting reports as to how difficult the install is. oracle has told us its not a big deal, an oracle dba at another company told us its ...

  1. VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced Cluster for Oracle9i

    we are looking at rolling this out very soon and we are getting conflicting
    reports as to how difficult the install is. oracle has told us its not a
    big deal, an oracle dba at another company told us its not a big deal, but
    veritas seems intent on selling prof services and we would like to know if
    it is needed or not.

    what have people seen both doing it on their own and getting veritas help?

  2. Re: VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced Cluster for Oracle9i

    Installing DBAC for Oracle RAC was pretty straightforward. I tweaked the install
    script to use ssh instead of rsh. The installation of the second node partially
    failed at the end and I finished that up manually.
    In the end it was my conclusion if you follow the DBAC ICG you will not need
    the
    proffesional services and you will save your company a bundle and look good.

    "argh" wrote:
    >we are looking at rolling this out very soon and we are getting conflicting
    >reports as to how difficult the install is. oracle has told us its not

    >big deal, an oracle dba at another company told us its not a big deal, but
    >veritas seems intent on selling prof services and we would like to know

    if
    >it is needed or not.
    >
    >what have people seen both doing it on their own and getting veritas help?

  3. Re: VERITAS Database Edition/Advanced Cluster for Oracle9i

    we followed the install and had no problems... the big thing was having all
    the supported hw and other things in order before the install began so we
    wouldnt have any trouble
    "Peter Lonstrup" wrote in message

    > Installing DBAC for Oracle RAC was pretty straightforward. I tweaked the

    install
    > script to use ssh instead of rsh. The installation of the second node

    partially
    > failed at the end and I finished that up manually.
    > In the end it was my conclusion if you follow the DBAC ICG you will not

    need
    > the
    > proffesional services and you will save your company a bundle and look

    good.

    > "argh" wrote:
    > >we are looking at rolling this out very soon and we are getting

    conflicting
    > >reports as to how difficult the install is. oracle has told us its not

    > >big deal, an oracle dba at another company told us its not a big deal,

    but
    > >veritas seems intent on selling prof services and we would like to know

    > if
    > >it is needed or not.
    > >
    > >what have people seen both doing it on their own and getting veritas

    help?

+ Reply to Thread