I am working with a third party application provider who have an application,
one component of which is Oracle Application Server (version 4.0.8). We are
having difficulty starting this successfully using a "floating" IP. With
some assistance from Oracle support, we have managed to start up the "nodemgr"
element i.e.:

owsctl start -nodemgr

However, the subsequent:

owsctl start

command fails with an error message - something along the lines of "CORBA
failed to start because the ORB process did not start", and although Oracle
have made some suggestions, none of these have been of any help.

Has anybody any experience of clustering OAS, and if so how did they get
it going?