Group Dependecy Configurations... - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Group Dependecy Configurations... - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi there, Can someone help me with this little problem, as I have been working with it for quite some time now... Here is the setup: 2 Node cluster Service Groups: Production and Test The two service groups must not ...

  1. Group Dependecy Configurations...

    Hi there,

    Can someone help me with this little problem, as I have been working
    with it for quite some time now...

    Here is the setup:

    2 Node cluster

    Service Groups: Production and Test

    The two service groups must not be running on the same node.
    If service group "Test" fails, it should stay failed.
    If service group "Production" fails, it should offline "Test" and switch
    to the good node.
    Service group "Test" should try to go online on any node where
    "Production" isn't running.

    Currently I am using "online global firm" but you are able to switch
    "Test" onto "Production" manually, which isn't so good...

    Are there any other suggestions on how to do this ? I guess I'm not the
    only one asking this question, I can imagine others having simular
    setups ?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Group Dependecy Configurations...

    Hi,

    You should be able to pull this of with an Offline Local dependency with
    the group "Production" as the child. (hagrp -link Test Production
    offline local). If "Test" fails it will remain offline. If "Production"
    fails it should fail to the system where "Test" is running. "Test" will
    be brought offline and should restart on the system where "Production"
    was running (i.e. where "Production" faulted). With the Offline Local
    dependency "Test" can be brought online without "Production" being
    online on any system.
    This can also be solved with resources or with triggers.

    Hope this helps.

    /Peter

    Heino Walther wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > Can someone help me with this little problem, as I have been working
    > with it for quite some time now...
    >
    > Here is the setup:
    >
    > 2 Node cluster
    >
    > Service Groups: Production and Test
    >
    > The two service groups must not be running on the same node.
    > If service group "Test" fails, it should stay failed.
    > If service group "Production" fails, it should offline "Test" and switch
    > to the good node.
    > Service group "Test" should try to go online on any node where
    > "Production" isn't running.
    >
    > Currently I am using "online global firm" but you are able to switch
    > "Test" onto "Production" manually, which isn't so good...
    >
    > Are there any other suggestions on how to do this ? I guess I'm not the
    > only one asking this question, I can imagine others having simular
    > setups ?
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread