VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris - Veritas Cluster Server ; I have 2 clusters running Solaris 2.6 and VCS 1.3. The kernel memory seems excessive, 400-500MB, and am trying to identify possible causes. On one cluster this accounts for 1/2 the physical memory. On non-cluster machines it is a more ...

  1. VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris

    I have 2 clusters running Solaris 2.6 and VCS 1.3. The kernel memory seems
    excessive, 400-500MB, and am trying to identify possible causes. On one
    cluster this accounts for 1/2 the physical memory. On non-cluster machines
    it is a more reasonable figure, although I admit they run far fewer apps.
    Does anyone else have similar experiences that may be explained by the use
    of VCS and the associated products ?

    Thanks...JS

  2. Re: VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris

    do you have hagui running without quiting for a long period of time?
    "Jason Sinnamon" wrote in message

    > I have 2 clusters running Solaris 2.6 and VCS 1.3. The kernel memory

    seems
    > excessive, 400-500MB, and am trying to identify possible causes. On one
    > cluster this accounts for 1/2 the physical memory. On non-cluster

    machines
    > it is a more reasonable figure, although I admit they run far fewer apps.
    > Does anyone else have similar experiences that may be explained by the use
    > of VCS and the associated products ?
    >
    > Thanks...JS

  3. Re: VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris

    As far as I know no-one here has ever used it. Why would that affect the
    kernel memory ?

  4. Re: VCS and Kernel Memory Usage in Solaris

    Do you have vxfs? There are some default values on vxfs which can eat up
    memory. There is a technote, don't have the number though.

    > I have 2 clusters running Solaris 2.6 and VCS 1.3. The kernel memory

    seems
    > excessive, 400-500MB, and am trying to identify possible causes. On one
    > cluster this accounts for 1/2 the physical memory. On non-cluster

    machines
    > it is a more reasonable figure, although I admit they run far fewer apps.
    > Does anyone else have similar experiences that may be explained by the use
    > of VCS and the associated products ?
    >
    > Thanks...JS

+ Reply to Thread