Changing name of Veritas Volume on AIX 5.1 - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Changing name of Veritas Volume on AIX 5.1 - Veritas Cluster Server ; All I wanted to do was change the name of a Veritas filesystem. I did manage to do this with the GUI in the end but then I have fallen into problems after changing the name of a volume within ...

  1. Changing name of Veritas Volume on AIX 5.1

    All I wanted to do was change the name of a Veritas filesystem. I did manage
    to do this with the GUI in the end but then I have fallen into problems after
    changing the name of a volume within VxVM and then changing a "Mount" resource
    in the VCS GUI. I am now getting the error:

    "(avon) VCS:328501:Mount:egt_bhnline:BlockDevice <> does not exist.
    Resource will not go online."

    Any ideas what is going on here?

    Thanks in advance,
    Nick.

  2. Re: Changing name of Veritas Volume on AIX 5.1

    I've now found why I am getting this error. I needed a BlockDevice element
    in my Mount resouce. Seems obvious now.

    "Nick Stocker" wrote:

    >All I wanted to do was change the name of a Veritas filesystem. I did manage
    >to do this with the GUI in the end but then I have fallen into problems

    after
    >changing the name of a volume within VxVM and then changing a "Mount" resource
    >in the VCS GUI. I am now getting the error:
    >
    > "(avon) VCS:328501:Mount:egt_bhnline:BlockDevice <> does not exist.
    >Resource will not go online."
    >
    >Any ideas what is going on here?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Nick.