shutdown abort of oracle database - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on shutdown abort of oracle database - Veritas Cluster Server ; Hi, We are trying to find out what event triggered the VCS to issue a "shutdown abort". Here is the info as noted down from the logs. -Oracle Alert logs show max. extents reached for a table -data file added ...

  1. shutdown abort of oracle database

    Hi,
    We are trying to find out what event triggered the VCS to issue a "shutdown
    abort". Here is the info as noted down from the logs.
    -Oracle Alert logs show max. extents reached for a table
    -data file added ; At the time of datafile add
    -There are commands issued for "Shutdown abort" consecutively 3 times,
    thinking of VCS
    -Checked out the VCS logs. Following is from engine log
    (VCS:13027 monitor procedure did not complete within the expected
    time.
    VCS:13080:Agent is calling clean for resource(SID) because monitor did not
    complete within the expected time.
    VCS:13067:Agent is calling clean for resource(SID) because the resource
    became OFFLINE unexpectedly, on its own.

    Any input/comments is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.
    Srikanth

  2. Re: shutdown abort of oracle database

    I've experienced similar problem where VCS shutdown oracle for unclear reason.
    I wonder what triggers error code "13067" that determine that oracle needs
    to be shutdown?

    Any clearifications would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    -Fawaz.

    "Srikanth" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >We are trying to find out what event triggered the VCS to issue a "shutdown
    >abort". Here is the info as noted down from the logs.
    >-Oracle Alert logs show max. extents reached for a table
    >-data file added ; At the time of datafile add
    >-There are commands issued for "Shutdown abort" consecutively 3 times,
    >thinking of VCS
    >-Checked out the VCS logs. Following is from engine log
    >(VCS:13027 monitor procedure did not complete within the expected
    >time.
    >VCS:13080:Agent is calling clean for resource(SID) because monitor did not
    >complete within the expected time.
    >VCS:13067:Agent is calling clean for resource(SID) because the resource
    >became OFFLINE unexpectedly, on its own.
    >
    >Any input/comments is greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >Srikanth

+ Reply to Thread