Sun Trunking and VCS - Veritas Cluster Server

This is a discussion on Sun Trunking and VCS - Veritas Cluster Server ; Has anyone configured Sun Trunking with VCS? If yes, what version of VCS are you using? Can you also post your main.cf regarding the entries with the Trunking setup? Thanks, Mohamed...

  1. Sun Trunking and VCS

    Has anyone configured Sun Trunking with VCS? If yes, what version of VCS are
    you using? Can you also post your main.cf regarding the entries with the
    Trunking setup?

    Thanks,

    Mohamed

  2. Re: Sun Trunking and VCS

    It was for one of my customers, so i don't have the main.cf.
    But, I use a NIC agent and it runs very well !

    Regards
    Herve

    "Mohamed Osman" wrote:

    >Has anyone configured Sun Trunking with VCS? If yes, what version of VCS

    are
    >you using? Can you also post your main.cf regarding the entries with the
    >Trunking setup?
    >

    >Thanks,
    >
    >Mohamed

  3. Re: Sun Trunking and VCS

    trunking if i am not wrong is not support by veritas
    "Herve" wrote in message

    > It was for one of my customers, so i don't have the main.cf.
    > But, I use a NIC agent and it runs very well !
    >
    > Regards
    > Herve
    >
    > "Mohamed Osman" wrote:
    > >
    > >Has anyone configured Sun Trunking with VCS? If yes, what version of VCS

    > are
    > >you using? Can you also post your main.cf regarding the entries with the
    > >Trunking setup?
    > >

    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Mohamed

  4. Re: Sun Trunking and VCS

    We trunk pairs of ceX interfaces, and then use IPMP across the pairs. I use
    the MultiNICB resource in the cluster as if the trunks were individual links.

    VCS has no knowledge that the members of the IPMP pair are actually trunks.

    this is in Solaris 9

    -cpf

    Ricky Teo wrote:

    > trunking if i am not wrong is not support by veritas
    > "Herve" wrote in message
    > >
    > > It was for one of my customers, so i don't have the main.cf.
    > > But, I use a NIC agent and it runs very well !
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > Herve
    > >
    > > "Mohamed Osman" wrote:
    > > >
    > > >Has anyone configured Sun Trunking with VCS? If yes, what version of VCS

    > > are
    > > >you using? Can you also post your main.cf regarding the entries with the
    > > >Trunking setup?
    > > >

    > > >Thanks,
    > > >
    > > >Mohamed

  5. Re: Sun Trunking and VCS

    Paul,
    I have a situation with VCS (storage foundation for Oracle RAC 4.1 MP1)
    where I want to set up IPMP and trunking. Just want to know from you how
    this can be done, if at all.
    Jitters

    --
    jitters